• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kratos   

Morata was up against two very tough defenders today but he has got to do more than what he is currently doing.

In the end he just responds with petulence and looks a soft touch.

34 minutes ago, kratos said:

Morata was up against two very tough defenders today but he has got to do more than what he is currently doing.

In the end he just responds with petulence and looks a soft touch.

And we had 3 up against Vardy.  
I agree Morata does himself no favours looking the injured party all the time.  If he doesn't enjoy contact he still has to fake that he does.

Leo91   

What is Batshuayi still doing at the club ? He should be gone this window for our sake and his. With a replacement coming in. What a mess.

5 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Morata is getting some unfair stick. It’s his first season in England. He has played more minutes this season in January than he did all season last year, or ever in his career. He’s getting little support up front. 

His movement, today apart, has been excellent, he is getting in goalscoring positions, and he has 12 goals this season.

Nothing like Torres for us. He’s a top player - but we need another top striker to  either play with him or rotate with him. 

Bats is hopeless and we should sell him now. Screw loaning him. Just sell him and buy Vardy. 

Unless we invest I don’t see us making top 4. I can see us losing the semi final, and we will struggle to beat Norwich. 

As for the four weeks when we have Barca twice and both the Manchester clubs in the league....I don’t think either we nor Conte will survive those. 

Invest now or get Europa League next year. Simple as. 

He's miles better than Torres when he played for us, but Torres was miles better than Morata when he played for the dippers. I wouldn't call him a top player, I'd call him a "quite good now and again" player. The rest of the time he can look bang average. 

6 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Morata is getting some unfair stick.

I don't think that getting stick for missing genuinely-gettable one-on-ones, is unfair. Unless the ball is put on his head (usually by Azpilicueta), he looks pretty clueless a lot of the time. Often, he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

And imo, he goes down way too easily, and way too often, looking for the whistle - he needs to grow some, tbh. 

It’s his first season in England.

Not an excuse, is it? See: Torres, Costa, and so on, and ask how they did in their first seasons.

His movement, today apart, has been excellent, he is getting in goalscoring positions

Nobody has said otherwise. But with all that, his finishing (other than for with his head) has still been shite. 

and he has 12 goals this season.

And most of those with his head. 

5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I don't think that getting stick for missing genuinely-gettable one-on-ones, is unfair. Unless the ball is put on his head (usually by Azpilicueta), he looks pretty clueless a lot of the time. Often, he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

And imo, he goes down way too easily, and way too often, looking for the whistle - he needs to grow some, tbh. 

Not an excuse, is it? See: Torres, Costa, and so on, and ask how they did in their first seasons.

Nobody has said otherwise. But with all that, his finishing (other than for with his head) has still been shite. 

I'm just not having this "one bad run and he's shite" typical accusation on this forum again.

He's got 12 goals this season and it's January. He's on a bad run. Drogba in his first season was on about the same at this point, and he was two years older. So give the guy a rest. He's never played this much football in a season before, he's got no support up front or from his teammates due to the formation we play, and he's not no player pushing/challenging him for his place. 

His finishing in a few recent games has been shite. But that doesn't mean he IS shite. So sick of assumptions about a players entire career and ability being based on about 5 or 6 bad games, forgetting most of the season he's been damn good. And not all his goals came with his head, actually. I think about 50/60 per cent.

Drogba got about 18 goals in his first season and most people on this forum wanted him gone. I remember it. Same after his second season. Conveniently forgotten now he proved them all wrong. 

He's not getting enough support from the team creatively, most one on ones are chances he is making with good movement - something Bats has absolutely none of whatsoever.

I'm sure part of it is confidence, and part of it is that he's never played this many games in a season, so he's a bit knackered (the whole damn squad look knackered, and it's obvious why). He's a good player and he'll be back to his best form soon enough. He needs a rest, like Hazard needs a rest, but with so many fixtures and such a small squad (thanks board), they aren't getting one, and that affects form. 

Kezza   
On 1/12/2018 at 10:17 PM, chiswickblue said:

I'm shocked that either Manchester team would pay so much for 6 months. Neither has a desperate need for him right now and in 6 months the deal would be significantly cheaper - yes I know he'd expect a higher signing on fee and salary as a bosman but not £25M more.

Mourinho sure has a desperate need for him. If Mou doesn't win a league title in his 2nd season he's deemed a failure. The ego he is he must see Sanchez as a short term solution towards the title.

Kezza   
6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Now I too wished he score more with this foot. But a goal is a goal is it not? Can you score even 1 goal with your head in a pro league?

Now do not get me wrong, Morata is on a bad run but as he has 12 goals by Jan in his first season (I do not care if they are with his head or foot, a goal is a goal) I feel that he should be getting a little more slack than he is, especially as the system we are currently playing is really tough for the front two and it is not like the rest of the squad are in fantastic form either - bar Tibo and Alonso. 

As for the squad, we are in serious need of new players (CF, No.8, LWB, AM) and probably getting rid of Bats (for his sake as much as ours), however as it appears that Granny is the one with the final say do not expect thing to improve soon as we have all seen this film before. 

24 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Now do not get me wrong, Morata is on a bad run but as he has 12 goals by Jan in his first season (I do not care if they are with his head or foot, a goal is a goal) I feel that he should be getting a little more slack than he is, especially as the system we are currently playing is really tough for the front two and it is not like the rest of the squad are in fantastic form either - bar Tibo and Alonso. 

This is where Conte needs to step in , tell him what a brilliant player he is , tell him that he easily has the capacity to improve and tell him in no uncertain terms that this is England , short of being clotheslined you aren't getting the free kick so stop flapping around like a fish out of water and hurt them with your goals .

Personally , if we're going to persist with two up front then the second has to be a forward and not Hazard who's awful there.