• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

In other news, Aubameyang isn't in Dortmund's matchday squad today for so called 'disciplinary reasons'. 

Some sources said we were talking to Dortmund this week about an unnamed player. Bats loan move is said to be close. 

It's too much to hope we're going to sign him isn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SS_89   
37 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

If we made an offer to him and matched United's offer, he'd come here. He loves London. I heard he was holding out on us making an offer, because he wanted London.

That said, £350k per week and £5 million agents fees probably could be better spent, given he's 29 and Hazard's new deal is allegedly 300k per week.

But still, we could go for Mahrez and Vardy, whose salaries would be much less. But we won't. No ambition whatsoever. We're on our way to becoming Arsenal. Hopeless, hopeless owner and board.

Back to the days of fighting for the top 3 and winning a cup. Sickening. 

Hopeless owner? Really? Wow...one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while. Amazing what a few years of success does to a fan base. Abramovic brought us back from the brink and ploughed significant sums into the club to set us on our current path. Thats an incredibly entitled thing to say. No wonder other fans refer to us as plastics when we have people spouting utter drivel like this. Is our owner beyond reproach? No, has he made mistakes? Absolutely. But hopeless?...just wow.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Some sources said we were talking to Dortmund this week about an unnamed player. 

I appreciate the enthusiasm for every transfer window but What is the point of such a line?

Some sources....

Unnamed player...

I despair of such conversations

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its the  hope that kills in these transfer windows.

What's Matt Miazga up to these days?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I appreciate the enthusiasm for every transfer window but What is the point of such a line?

Some sources....

Unnamed player...

I despair of such conversations

 

It's OK, Ballague said he's going to Arsenal. Why would it be us, we never spend any money, because we're a bunch of penny pinching, skinflint, unambitous, amateur, inept, incompetent, useless numpties who only care about money. 

So now Arsenal, City, Liverpool, United and Spurs all have better strikers than us, more chances to score goals. 

We're doomed, honestly. Europa league at best for us now. Sick of this useless board and an owner who doesn't care anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jones   
1 hour ago, gtiboy said:

The reality is the Chelsea board care more about breaking even and getting in profit than spend big like they used too. Bruce Buck always said if there was a player that would improve our team then they would spend big if it's justified. Chelsea are more cautious now. Trouble is it's hindering our team and made us weaker. 

 

Chelsea should be all out to sign Sanchez

Is this critique? You are aware how money works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SS_89 said:

Hopeless owner? Really? Wow...one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while. Amazing what a few years of success does to a fan base. Abramovic brought us back from the brink and ploughed significant sums into the club to set us on our current path. Thats an incredibly entitled thing to say. No wonder other fans refer to us as plastics when we have people spouting utter drivel like this. Is our owner beyond reproach? No, has he made mistakes? Absolutely. But hopeless?...just wow.

You know what, I've been around since 1983. I remember the dark days. I don't want them back thanks. And I don't want to go back to being a good cup side who occasionally finished 4th, which is where we're heading. 

I thought when Roman bought us we'd be a European superpower like Barca and Madrid, competing for the very best players in the world and the top trophies every year. We're a big club. We did for a while. But since summer 2012 we've simply not spend the amounts required. The one summer we did - 2014 - we won the league the next year. 

But now he's settling for 4th and a cup every year, which is what we had just before him. And watching Liverpool outspend and overtake us, and even Arsenal, if they buy Aubameyang, it's sickening. 

If Roman was as ambitious has he said he was, and the club says we are, we'd be investing in top class players and a world class squad. But we're not. He spent short term, long term, it's penny pinching and saving all the money you can at the cost of trophies.

I don't support Chelsea for the trophies, I supported Chelsea for 13 years without a trophy, including a relegation season - but when a club says they are ambitious as ours do, but then don't back it up, don't invest enough in the squad, and seem to settle for not competing with the best, it's frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool officially a better team and more ambitious than Chelsea. We're now 4th best team in this league - possibly even 5th. All the other top 4 have a better squad and strike force than us. Spurs look stronger than us right now too.

It's not even funny anymore. Our board don't care about building a strong squad and winning major trophies. If they did, they'd be taking action now. They aren't. The Roman of 2003-2012 is gone. 

Edited by James Prescott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gormangorman said:

Its the  hope that kills in these transfer windows.

What's Matt Miazga up to these days?

Knowing our lot they'll pass up Sanchez , Aubameyang and Mahrez and get another Centre half we don't need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

You know what, I've been around since 1983. I remember the dark days. I don't want them back thanks. And I don't want to go back to being a good cup side who occasionally finished 4th, which is where we're heading. 

1983 eh.  In at the very bottom.  I can see how dropping a couple of places must hurt.
I'd love RA to outspend City or United.  But I don't have the chutzpah to ask.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now