• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

West Ham apparently want £35m for Carroll . Bargain.

You can get Sanchez for that or 1/3rd of Mahrez by all accounts.

Sanchez wants £350k a week. Hazard's new deal apparently £300k per week - no way we'll pay him more than Hazard. Think that's the only reason we haven't gone in for him.

19 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

If they want £35 million for Carroll, then that's over. Thankfully. 

In terms of Chelsea's finances, here is a great Twitter thread with a full analysis and breakdown of Chelsea's finances over the last few years. We've brought in £225 million from player sales in recent years, more than any other top side. 

(The thread is longer than two tweets...)

Bottom line, we have money to spend and we don't spend it. 

That is not necessarily a good thing, the argument of whether we should have sold all those players in the long run has plagued these boards and I hope it doesn't start again. Liverpool for example were they better off with £75m in their sky rocket as opposed to keeping suarez and all his goals. The model only works if you reinvest wisely and cost of player purchases is probably rising at a faster rate than income is (unless funded by more player sales at the higher rate)

50 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

In terms of Chelsea's finances, here is a great Twitter thread with a full analysis and breakdown of Chelsea's finances over the last few years. We've brought in £225 million from player sales in recent years, more than any other top side. 

That's coz we are fattening up the money pot for our new super whiz bang stadium which is going to be v expensive. Taking it to it's logical conclusion, we should just sell all the first team and play the academy. 

Money is going to be tight while Chelsea build the new stadium, we won't be able to compete with the big boys for a few years but once it is built it will be a different story, money will be no object.  Just look at Arsenal now...

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

James, I would suggest you'd do better to read this...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/12/financial-results-announced-with-record-revenues-.html

"Although the club recorded an operating loss in the year, the club reported an overall profit after making a profit on player trading of £69.2m."

As I said in an earlier post, the problem with the figures you always quote is that they only come from one side of the balance sheet! Read that again, James... the club made an operating LOSS and it was player sales that allowed it to report an overall profit! And not a massive profit, either; it was just over £15m. So where exactly is all this money, the hundreds of millions you keep claiming we can spend, going to come from?

Edited by Bob Singleton

4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Manchester Evening News saying City have dropped out of Sanchez race - but that Chelsea are now making a late bid to sign him. 

Interesting.

giphy_s.gif

• Haha 1

Ham   
2 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

giphy_s.gif

Actual footage 🤣

paulw66   
37 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

James, I would suggest you'd do better to read this...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/12/financial-results-announced-with-record-revenues-.html

"Although the club recorded an operating loss in the year, the club reported an overall profit after making a profit on player trading of £69.2m."

As I said in an earlier post, the problem with the figures you always quote is that they only come from one side of the balance sheet! Read that again, James... the club made an operating LOSS and it was player sales that allowed it to report an overall profit! And not a massive profit, either; it was just over £15m. So where exactly is all this money, the hundreds of millions you keep claiming we can spend, going to come from?

sometimes I think it's just you and me left....