• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

kev61   
14 hours ago, jones said:

Surprised someone like Timo Werner is not being heavily linked with top clubs this window. Unless Leipzig can tie him down to a new contract (currently 2.5y left), he for sure will be moving in the summer

I would move heaven and earth to get this player - he is a complete  forward player in any position.utd will probably get  him because utd have the money and mourhino steals ideas from other managers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stim   

Good news is we are linked to trying now, so the mundane 'why aren't we even trying' posts can stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dingus   

RE: Sanchez - why do people even care if he's 29, and would be getting the wages that's being mentioned? Surely it's about improving the team no? Our job as Chelsea fans is to worry about what happens on the pitch. And as it stands, there are a lot of improvements that have to be made. Sanchez would be one hell of an improvement.

In fact, getting an Alexis Sanchez-esque type of player might actually encourage the likes of Hazard and Courtois to actually sign their extensions.

Whether we're actually in for him or not is irrelevant,  but I'm sorry, no-one can tell me that getting Sanchez would be a negative move given what we currently have at our disposal. And if you do, you're lying.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Imagine if we end up buying Carroll for the same fee as Liverpool spent on him 7 years ago, whilst United also spend that or potentially less on Sanchez. Just imagine.

I’m pretty sure not even we are stupid enough to play £35 million for Andy Carroll - especially as Sanchez is available for the same amount. 

And forget those rumours about a Carroll/Bats swap. Bats is likely going to Seville - it’s just a matter of us finding a replacement first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoowraa   
36 minutes ago, Dingus said:

RE: Sanchez - why do people even care if he's 29, and would be getting the wages that's being mentioned? Surely it's about improving the team no? Our job as Chelsea fans is to worry about what happens on the pitch. And as it stands, there are a lot of improvements that have to be made. Sanchez would be one hell of an improvement.

In fact, getting an Alexis Sanchez-esque type of player might actually encourage the likes of Hazard and Courtois to actually sign their extensions.

Whether we're actually in for him or not is irrelevant,  but I'm sorry, no-one can tell me that getting Sanchez would be a negative move given what we currently have at our disposal. And if you do, you're lying.

Number of ways of looking at Sanchez though. If you are just looking at the player, then yes he is fantastic. However, you have to factor in other things in this deal. For me, Sanchez is a little similar to Rooney in some ways. He is 29 in actual age, but you could argue he is closer to 31 in footballing age. I say this because the guy has played a huge amount of football for a number of years now, its always very hard for the star man of a small footballing nation to miss a game for his country. Chile have been non stop with qualifiers, Copa America, World Cups, Confed Cups for a long time now, plus PL league schedule for the last 3-4 years. Throughout this period he has been the number 1 man for club and country, he plays a non stop intense style of football too. 

Then taking the finances of the deal into consideration, not so much his fee but if the reported wage is true then I think your asking for trouble with other squad members if we give him that. Then you do also have to question the long term strategy of the club, its a type of transfer we have not made in a long time (ie big money for a player of his age), it goes against the whole strategy we have been working under for the last decade .

Fantastic player, but too many potential negatives from the deal. Utd entering this race is pure desperation from their manager to get back on the major trophy trail, if his club want to back that then let them. I don't think we need to be competing with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
47 minutes ago, Dingus said:

RE: Sanchez - why do people even care if he's 29, and would be getting the wages that's being mentioned? Surely it's about improving the team no? Our job as Chelsea fans is to worry about what happens on the pitch. And as it stands, there are a lot of improvements that have to be made. Sanchez would be one hell of an improvement.

In fact, getting an Alexis Sanchez-esque type of player might actually encourage the likes of Hazard and Courtois to actually sign their extensions.

Whether we're actually in for him or not is irrelevant,  but I'm sorry, no-one can tell me that getting Sanchez would be a negative move given what we currently have at our disposal. And if you do, you're lying.

Because in a couple years time the last thing we need is a 32+ year old Sanchez on 300k pw potentially being a squad player, when some of that money could be put towards locking down players we do have or bringing in others. 

Partly why we don't offer multiple year deals to players over 30+. The power of negotiation is in the clubs favour, and it allows for more flexibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dingus   
1 minute ago, Zoowraa said:

Number of ways of looking at Sanchez though. If you are just looking at the player, then yes he is fantastic. However, you have to factor in other things in this deal. For me, Sanchez is a little similar to Rooney in some ways. He is 29 in actual age, but you could argue he is closer to 31 in footballing age. I say this because the guy has played a huge amount of football for a number of years now, its always very hard for the star man of a small footballing nation to miss a game for his country. Chile have been non stop with qualifiers, Copa America, World Cups, Confed Cups for a long time now, plus PL league schedule for the last 3-4 years. Throughout this period he has been the number 1 man for club and country, he plays a non stop intense style of football too. 

Then taking the finances of the deal into consideration, not so much his fee but if the reported wage is true then I think your asking for trouble with other squad members if we give him that. Then you do also have to question the long term strategy of the club, its a type of transfer we have not made in a long time (ie big money for a player of his age), it goes against the whole strategy we have been working under for the last decade .

Fantastic player, but too many potential negatives from the deal. Utd entering this race is pure desperation from their manager to get back on the major trophy trail, if his club want to back that then let them. I don't think we need to be competing with it.

Again, why do you care about the finances of it all? Hazard will still get his wages regardless and as mentioned, might actually be inclined to sign a new extension and pay increase if he sees a fantastic player as you put it, join the club.

Who cares about potential negatives? If every club worked like that then no-one would sign anyone would they?

The mere fact that you are happy for us not to compete for a top signing like Sanchez is a more worrying sign. if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 minute ago, Dingus said:

Again, why do you care about the finances of it all? Hazard will still get his wages regardless and as mentioned, might actually be inclined to sign a new extension and pay increase if he sees a fantastic player as you put it, join the club.

Who cares about potential negatives? If every club worked like that then no-one would sign anyone would they?

The mere fact that you are happy for us not to compete for a top signing like Sanchez is a more worrying sign. if you ask me.

That money would be better spent on Mahrez. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now