• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   
3 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I don’t like us signing Carroll but we might be. And it’s short term back up signing, even if it’s a permanent deal. Pretty sure he’s not in our long term plans. 

In today’s market a world class striker costs £70 million minimum unless he is out of contract. 

£20 million is cheap in today's market. It’s called inflation. We tried for Sanchez but he wants United.

I am sick of us not showing ambition but this is how it is. And how the **** do you know we are not into Vardy? Blooming cheek criticising my posts as bullshit when you make assumptions like that.

And stop attacking me. This is a personal attack on me to boost your clearly fragile ego, so damn well stop. 

Its this kinda bollox why I rarely post on here anymore. I have to bite my lip to avoid getting banned.........sometimes I think it would be easier to say what I want , get MT to ban me and avoid any temptation to post and get involved on here !

• Like 1

paulw66   
13 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

Board long past caring about anything long term

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42696760 damn board. 

12 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

Yes but we should have signed Aguero when he was still in Spain and Sanchez when he was still in Italy, we always leave it too late.

Hindsight is an exact science. We signed some pretty good players ourselves in that period, which is why we have won a couple of league titles. 

11 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

as a plan B Carrol is quite a good option. He is probably fully aware he can't play 40 games a season so will be content to collect a decent wage and be called upon when needed. But he can't be our only option to Morata...we will need a third striker too.

I actually think Carrol could be a useful plan B. Batshuyai's biggest flaw is that he can't hold the ball up. Carrol can absolutely do that.........when fit. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Being linked with both Lanzini and Emerson Palmieri now.

The latter plays for Roma and is returning from a ACL injury. Prior to that though he had an excellent 2016/17 season and is still only 23. Likely an alternative to Alex Sandro and a more affordable option than Telles. 

Another signing on the back of an injury.....hhmmmmmm

BlueFizz   

Carroll leaves me bemused. But not surprised. Over the years top clubs have consistently gone for ‘quick fixes’ - some work, some don’t.

As for evidence of low ambitions, it doesn’t strike me as that. To spend unlimited funds on players is one ambition, but there are others.

e.g. Securing long contracts of talent we have (Christensen, and as seems likely, Courtois, Hazard etc).

e.g Building a new stadium

e.g Slowly bringing some youth towards top level status through our remarkable academy

So, if he comes he comes. Morata stays first choice, Hazard as false nine second choice, Bats (unless on loan) third choice - which leaves Andy as fourth choice. A last 5 mins ‘make yourself a nuisance’ player.

But, the ponytail must go! 

Mirror reporting this morning that Chelsea have “no intention of paying £20 million for Carroll and only want a loan deal”. 

They report West Ham only want a cash deal and Carroll wants the move.

So basically, it’s either a loan or not at all with Carroll. 

I have lost patience with Bats. Lovely guy, and has had some good games for us and scored good goals.

This season though looks hopeless every time he starts. His movement is abysmal, he rarely gets in goalscoring positions (unlike Morata) and when he starts he does nothing at all. 

I would rather sell him to a club at his level and allow him to play, and use the money to get someone else. 

Sea foot   
59 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

If it is, then he gets my support because he is a Chelsea player. End of.

Cough Cahill cough

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Being linked with both Lanzini and Emerson Palmieri now.

The latter plays for Roma and is returning from a ACL injury. Prior to that though he had an excellent 2016/17 season and is still only 23. Likely an alternative to Alex Sandro and a more affordable option than Telles. 

If we are going for a West Ham player, I'd rather Lanzini than Caroll

To be honest the main thing other than vfm that's worrying me about it is his fitness , he misses twice as many games as he starts. We would certainly score more goals with a top two of Carrol and Morata , it'd certainly give the three centre halves Morata is toiling against on his own something to think about.

2 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Cough Cahill cough

Cahill keeps getting picked when he doesn’t deserve to. Criticising a player deservedly doesn’t mean you don’t want them to play well or support them as a Chelsea player.

No player is above criticism. 

Cahill has actually played better recently. But he is not in our top 3 CBs. No way. 

It sounds here like fans will boo Chelsea because they are signing Andy Carroll.

I don’t want Carroll and I would hope he doesn’t start ahead of Morata in big games. But if he signs and plays I hope he does do well. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

To be honest the main thing other than vfm that's worrying me about it is his fitness , he misses twice as many games as he starts. We would certainly score more goals with a top two of Carrol and Morata , it'd certainly give the three centre halves Morata is toiling against on his own something to think about.

Good point. Costa and Morata or Drogba and Morata would have been great....if Costa didn’t try to manipulate Chelsea fans, blackmail the club and go on strike.