• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

You know what happens next. Chelsea refuse to pay the money and we end up with Crouch.

Penny Pinchers United. 

I hope I am proved wrong, I really do. 

Holymoly   
32 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not really sure what is papering over cracks. Quite simply, Dezko is a brilliant no.9. Would be a great signing. 

Don't confuse what he was like playing for City as opposed to today's model

If he scores/contributes to a couple of vital goals, no-one will care about his age.

As I said, not the answer but a short term contract has merit. We need to get over this Crouchiphobia.

Because at the moment are playing like robots. May as well have the originator in the mix. 

But again it's disgraceful and embarrassing once again we're left scrambling for players while our rivals further strengthen.

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

to be fair he is still playing well but at the same time the competition is a bit lower here outside the top few

I’m certain the real investment will come in the summer, in younger players like Bailey, Thorgan Hazard etc. Bring RLC and Tammy back. 

If we get a transfer ban it’s honeslty not a problem.

We have so much quality on loan we could handle it. RLC, Van Ginkel in midfield, Musonda as AM, Tammy Abraham & Hudson Adoi up front. Sterling as RWB. 

Ironically, a transfer ban probably wouldn’t hurt us as much as it would 10 years ago.

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I thought he was better for Roma than he ever was at City.

Was outstanding in the game against us at the Bridge. 

1 minute ago, The Fab 4 said:

If he scores/contributes to a couple of vital goals, no-one will care about his age.

As I said, not the answer but a short term contract has merit.

If Dzeko did sign, it would remind me of the Demba Ba signing a few seasons ago. That one worked out more than OK for us, he's a better player than Demba was also.

Today's market has driven the price's up, but we need to refresh and get real competition back into the forward line and freshen/reinvigorate the squad, both physically and mentally.

30 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

That said for 60m there must be a better younger option....dybala

You could doubke that and they still probably wouldn't sell him.

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

Dzeko is a better option than both Carroll and Crouch, so I am feeling a little better about that potential transfer. Additionally, if he is a stop gap for now but the third option going forward from the summer than that would be great. As for the FB's - Sandro, Palimiri, Telles - I would personally go for Telles as Sandro is over priced (seriously if we are spending that sort of money then we should have made a much more serious play for Mendy), while although Palimiri and Telles are fairly equal, Telles comes with the benefit of not being injured and could offer an option fairly quickly. 

Telles is no sure thing either. Quite underwhelming with both Galatasaray and Inter Milan previously. With his spell at Porto being the highlight thus far - which isn't saying much when you take into consideration the quality of the league overall and playing for arguably one of the strongest sides. The fee Porto would likely command wouldn't make a deal cheap either. So, there's that too.