• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Klopp  on Sanchez. Nothing to say about the numbers but I can’t imagine that City have left the race because of money. 

For me that suggests there is going to be more to the story......

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Benteke seems the latest option linked. Honestly do rate him. Good option from the bench, on his day a very good player, holds up the ball well and can score. 

Has only played well under Paul Lambert and then when Villa were counter-attacking. Would be risky.

5 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Ironically, a transfer ban probably wouldn’t hurt us as much as it would 10 years ago.

A ban can’t come soon enough given some of the players we've been linked with.

44 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Has only played well under Paul Lambert and then when Villa were counter-attacking. Would be risky.

Speaking of Lamberts, Rickie Lambert would also fit the profile of player we are looking for. Over 6ft, past it, used to play for Liverpool - just like Carroll, Benteke, and Crouch

...or would Troy McClure be a more suitable fit 😜

Reports on twitter along this line (no word on Dzeko though):

Chelsea are close to an agreement with Roma over a £22 million move for full-back Emerson Palmieri. Emerson will be offered a long term contract and Chelsea will pay £17.6m up front with a further £4.4m in performance-related add-ons. (Goal) #CFC

Have just looked at Palmieri's career stats - 3 goals and 4 assists across 65 appearances. I appreciate those numbers aren't the be all and end all of the position but they don't fill me with confidence.

30 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Have just looked at Palmieri's career stats - 3 goals and 4 assists across 65 appearances. I appreciate those numbers aren't the be all and end all of the position but they don't fill me with confidence.

Here’s another take:

https://chanceanalytics.com/2017/03/17/the-best-full-back-in-the-world-emerson-palmieri/

Kezza   

Gone are the days of signing the likes of Eto'o as backups strikers. Those were really viable quality back up options then.