• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   
10 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Di Marzio/Sky Italy saying Dzeko has said yes to Chelsea, clubs working on a combined £50 million deal for him and Emerson. 

Looks like it’s Dzeko. Pleased with that.

Barkley, Dzeko and Emerson is a good window. All quality players, and could be here beyond this season. 

Still need a creative player like Mahrez. Not sure why the club refuse to recognise the need for another player in that position.

Kezza   
6 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Personally, I’m just baffled with the Dzeko news. He’s 32, had a very poor season from what I can gather and his game against us in the Champions League was more an exception.

Are we really going to pay upwards of 25-30m for a striker as a few months stop gap? 

Why not Vardy who’s at least got a few years left in him, looks sharp still and offers something different?

Why do we need a big lump up top who can head the ball anyway? Morata can do that. If our players could actually cross, which they can’t. 

Club have played this well mind you. Leaking stories about Carroll and Crouch so fans are actually relieved when we sign Dzeko! 

Hope I’m wrong but this seems like a really poor signing to me. I’d rather we stuck with Bats, who’s been treated really shabbily by Conte. 

Agreed that Vardy seems like the better option. Hungry and wants to play at the highest level too. Although I think that itself counted against him. Having not played for a big club yet I reckon. Same as Mahrez.

Kezza   
5 hours ago, Original 21 said:

He’s only scored twice since he scored against us in October. Maybe he's missing the assists of Salah this season. Like I said, I hope this turns out to be an astute move and he rediscovers the form he had last season. I can see the logic but I’m just a little surprised considering his current form and age. 

He won't be getting many assists here as well. Our attackers just lack that little precision and guile in a congested final third to pick out the striker.

Kezza   

Emerson, Dzeko, Barkley, Mahrez would be one of the most sensible transfer window in a long time. Not to mention a winter transfer window.

If we do sign Dzeko I'd then be quite up for us signing Crouch, I've always liked him, seems a great personality to have around the club and as a player to bring on at the end of the game when you need to play the long ball and try and bring others in to the attack, he's very good at that.

This squad needs some big personalities to pull them through slumps and he's someone I think could help do that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Personally, I’m just baffled with the Dzeko news. He’s 32, had a very poor season from what I can gather and his game against us in the Champions League was more an exception.

Are we really going to pay upwards of 25-30m for a striker as a few months stop gap? 

Why not Vardy who’s at least got a few years left in him, looks sharp still and offers something different?

Why do we need a big lump up top who can head the ball anyway? Morata can do that. If our players could actually cross, which they can’t. 

Club have played this well mind you. Leaking stories about Carroll and Crouch so fans are actually relieved when we sign Dzeko! 

Hope I’m wrong but this seems like a really poor signing to me. I’d rather we stuck with Bats, who’s been treated really shabbily by Conte. 

Because I assume the club aren't willing to pay the fee Leicester would undoubtedly want for him (or Mahrez, for that matter) even if they were willing to sell him, which they don't seem to be.

Edited by Bob Singleton

2 hours ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Mahrez would be a really sensible signing by the Board. Thought he looked very good against us last week. Was the best player on the pitch. We're crying out for some extra creativity, would take the pressure off Hazard, and he'd be keen to come here. Hope the bookies are on to something.