• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

7 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Let’s not forget the Louis, Salah & Caurado. Where are they in your story

It isn't my story, it is Chelsea's story.  They bought a bucket load of talent in 2011-2012 and most of it came through.  A few turned out to be a disappointment, and a few didn't hit it off until after they moved on.  But on balance:

• We bought a lot at the right time (prices a lot higher 3 years later)
  • A very high percentage became core Chelsea players.
  • That core won us 2 PL trophies.
  • There is only credit for what happened, not blame at all.
  • Whether you want to credit Emenalo, the managers or the club is up to you.  But blaming JM for an incredibly successful program gives your game away.

paulw66   
9 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Really 

at his peek with chity he could only manage 14 PL goals a season. 

Got pato, falcal written all over this signing. Except he will cost 20 million and the club cannnot send him back after a season. 

Did he watch the Chelsea - Roma game at SB? He was brilliant. An absolute flawless display of how to play the no.9 role. 

When he was at City, they had 4 CFs, him plus Aguero, Negredo and Balotelli, so he wasn't playing week in, week out. The 14 goals would easily be 20 on a pro rata basis. And isn't a second striker who can get 14 odd league goals EXACTLY what we need right now?

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It isn't my story, it is Chelsea's story.  They bought a bucket load of talent in 2011-2012 and most of it came through.  A few turned out to be a disappointment, and a few didn't hit it off until after they moved on.  But on balance:

• We bought a lot at the right time (prices a lot higher 3 years later)
  • A very high percentage became core Chelsea players.
  • There is only credit for what happened, not blame at all.
  • Whether you want to credit Emenalo, the managers or the club is up to you.  But blaming JM for an incredibly successful program gives your game away.

Good points. People only remember the failures, not the successes. Or trophies. 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Did he watch the Chelsea - Roma game at SB? He was brilliant. An absolute flawless display of how to play the no.9 role. 

When he was at City, they had 4 CFs, him plus Aguero, Negredo and Balotelli, so he wasn't playing week in, week out. The 14 goals would easily be 20 on a pro rata basis. And isn't a second striker who can get 14 odd league goals EXACTLY what we need right now?

It’s a pitty he has not scored in his last 17 outings. So bringing in another missfiring striker is just what the club needs 

If the signing goes through I guess one of us will have egg on our faces come May?

By the way he played in excess of 30+ pl games per season at Chity. 

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

That same core downed tools and got the manager sacked after winning the premiership 

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

It’s a pitty he has not scored in his last 17 outings. So bringing in another missfiring striker is just what the club needs 

If the signing goes through I guess one of us will have egg on our faces come May?

There is a difference between appearances and starts 

We'll see, but I think he will do well for us. 

Edit: 

2011/12 - 14 goals in 1497 PL minutes, every 107 minutes

2012/13 - 14 in 1816, every 130

2013/14 - 16 in 1993, every 125

Very good scoring ratios. 

Edited by paulw66

2 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Just out of interest, did he say this during the pre-match conference or the off-camera follow-ups. I’d like to watch/read it.

Personally, I think it’s a sensible approach. I also think there are ‘rumblings’ in FIFA about the ‘super’ clubs’ expenditure, based on a quote I saw, on the beeb website, I think.

ultimately, someone has to ‘adjust’ the model or the product will become boring... (unless you support City, Real, Barca etc).

Not a verbatim transcript but still plenty of quotes

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/23/chelsea-antonio-conte-alexis-sanchez-manchester-united-city

Edited by Bob Singleton

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

There is a difference between appearances and starts 

We'll see, but I think he will do well for us. 

Edit: 

2011/12 - 14 goals in 1497 PL minutes, every 107 minutes

2012/13 - 14 in 1816, every 130

2013/14 - 16 in 1993, every 125

Very good scoring ratios. 

What age was he 25/26?

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

That same core downed tools and got the manager sacked after winning the premiership 

More fiction invented to back up imagination.
19 over 21 players including 3GKs, Djilobodji, Falcao and Remy.  There really is no need for any further explanation.

Zoowraa   
5 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I have not read page after page on here, so if this point has been raised by others then apologies. I think there is a real key element that people are forgetting with Dzeko and his lack of goals this season. That key element is a little Eygptian fella who has disappeared from that Roma team and is now ripping up the PL. As things stand, Salah looks one of the best wide forwards in world football and if you have been playing up along side him for the last 2 years and he leaves, then good chance that is going to have some impact on your game.

I wouldn't say its an impact in terms of assist as such, but most certainly an impact in terms of space and in terms of how often you are actually in an attacking area of the pitch. The pace and direct nature of Salah is obviously going to affect how threatening Roma are as a team and certainly in counter attack situations. So whilst Dzeko numbers are disappointing on the face of things, if you look at the bigger picture then its likely its partly down to Roma losing their best and most dangerous player.

My own view on Dzeko, I didn't think too much of him at City, but I think he has improved at Roma and playing in a more tactical league has improved his game. I am not really too bothered by his age, ideally he would be younger, but he has never really had much pace and the role I suspect we are looking for is for a target man who we can hit earlier and more directly if required. Also, someone who can act as a foil for the likes of Hazard, Willian, Pedro etc and offer another option to Morata and chip in with some goals.

I think at the right price, it could be a decent signing and whilst he is 31, I see no reason why he can't play his type of game until he is 34/35 and still be effective.