• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

14 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The fact Dzeko is playing tonight suggests to me a deal with Roma over the fee is not agreed.

James said Slimani was at the ground so .........

If I'm honest - hope this loss to Arsenal is a wake-up to the board that the squad is simply just not good enough and hasn't been for quite a while. The board doesn't listen to logic, only results so this loss may be a blessing in disguise. 

I'd love Dzeko here, always been a massive fan of his think he's a phenomenal back-up but that still leaves us with a problem, Morata just isn't cut out to be our number one, not this season at least. Maybe if he improves mightily in the off-season a la Suarez. 

Hijack the deal for Aubmeyang (I'll get the spelling right if we sign him - promise). A talent like that does not come around often enough to dilly dally. Especially not to let him go to Arsenal, that would be such an embarrassment. He's a top player and knows exactly where the back of the net is, something Morata has no clue about. Seriously I say go all in, our striking situation can't get much worse. 

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

James said Slimani was at the ground so .........

He definitely was there's a video on his Instagram, however given we were playing at the Emirates unlikely he was there to meet our board. Isn't he another player that only scores headers? We already have one of those!

6 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

He definitely was there's a video on his Instagram, however given we were playing at the Emirates unlikely he was there to meet our board. Isn't he another player that only scores headers? We already have one of those!

And you have to actually get close enough to them to pass to them too.

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, the small squad would explain why we might struggle to maintain a top 4 finish. It doesn't explain losing 9 out of 16 league fixtures. The squad size was similar to the year before when we were champions. 

As for the signing of Falcao.......whose idea was that?

In your opinion. To me, an exceptionally small squad, short preseason and then a heavy workload makes a whole lot more sense than it being Mourinhos fault. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

kev61   
7 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Even if true it no way necessarily means what you say.

A player like Dzeko, at his age, will be seen as a backup worth having - at a price right for us. If they ask too much, we’ll walk away.

He’s not a ‘get at any price player’ - he’s Dzeko.

The days of CFC paying over the odds are over, as Conte said. That’s not penny pinching. I suspect it’s economic reality for us given our incoming earnings.

Precisely!

jangz   

limp performance.. Alonso looked knackered.. Pedro was poor the entire game..we conceded very cheap goals. lacked creativity at the center of the pitch.. a lot of improvement needed on this squad to challenge the likes of City/Utd..

Also whats wrong with Conte.. someone needs to tell him.. we dont loose to wenger.

11 hours ago, Ham said:

👆

Don't forget to copy this message to a clipboard so you can use the template again when we're next linked with a player. Copy and paste saves so much time. 

I'd read from numerous sources that the bid was accepted and that personal terms was the issue.  He wants 3.5 years and we're offering 2.5.

There is a reason this message is copy and paste.

It’s because it happens every single goddam time with this useless, inept, incompetent board only interested in profit, not football or winning trophies.