• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Oscar was established prior to Mourinho surely.

That assessment rests entirely on what you mean by 'established'

Was Oscar a ready made world class player? Was he ready to carry the team on his shoulders? Was Hazard?

I think we all know the answer to that.

No. He started scoring at a rate of 1 in 2 from the first season.

Drogba didn't have a good first season. Did you watch the Drogba documentary on ITV4? Drogba and Mourinho admitted it wasn't a good season for him.

He scored 10 in 26 league games.

He only had one outstanding season in the league when you look at his record. His scoring wasn't actually prolific but we know he scored in the big games.

2004-5 10 in 26

2005-6 12 in 29

2006-7 20 in 36

2007-8 8 in 19

2008-9 5 in 24

2009-10 29 in 32

2010-11 11 in 36

2011-2012 5 in 24

Edited by cfchomeaway

paulw66   

Drogba didn't have a good first season. Did you watch the Drogba documentary on ITV4? Drogba and Mourinho admitted it wasn't a good season for him.

He scored 10 in 26 league games.

And 16 in 41 in all competitions without taking penalties and was regularly taken off by JM after about 70 minutes when a game was won. Far from "rubbish"

That assessment rests entirely on what you mean by 'established'

Was Oscar a ready made world class player? Was he ready to carry the team on his shoulders? Was Hazard?

I think we all know the answer to that.

You are somehow comparing the term established with world class. Oscar starting for Chelsea and Brazil makes him established by reasonable definition surely...

I'm going to call the next wave of rumours.

Di Maria for Mata.

Just wait for the hamster wheel in a journo's head to start spinning, mark my words someone will run this!

cam4blue   

I think it's more than just "being prepared to sit on the bench". Kalou, while infuriating at times clearly had the right mentality as far as Jose, and subsequent managers, were concerned. He'd run all day, albeit in entirely the wrong direction at times, and was one of our best at getting into the right position to tap in.

I remember a different player, one who rarely made a tackle, rarely challenged for a ball, rarely beat a man and missed plenty of opportunities and easy chances. He was, as Droy said, a crap player (by the standard of what we should expect at a club of our standing). He was at the club so long likely because he was a nice guy who was didn't kick up a fuss when he wasn't played and didn't want to leave because he knew this was as good as it got. Mentally, a perfect squad player.

You seem to suggest that KdB and Lukaku are mentally stronger than Kalou because they are not prepared to sit on the bench.

No. I did not suggest that. I said "different".

Different is not better or worse, stronger or weaker. It is different.

Remember Drogba was awful when he arrived

No.

Sea foot   

Just read somewhere that we are interested in a deal with Di Maria with Mata going the other way. ;-)

Just read a Daily Express article saying Real are in for Mata as a replacement for Di Maria who is off to United, Arsenal and Monaco.

I stopped reading it when the author stated we are looking for £16.5 million for Mata. £16.5 million.

Seriously, £16.5 million.

GURJ SS   

Just read somewhere that we are interested in a deal with Di Maria with Mata going the other way. ;-)

Quality winger no doubt. If Mata was to leave then Di Maria is a replacement I would be happy with. Bags of pace, skill and flair.