• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

15.3m plus 2.2m in add ons. Absurdly cheap in this market for a guy who fills a need and can play in all competitions. 

I guess his first outing will be next Monday. 

Going to be interesting to see what Conte says about the signing. 

Now that Moura's passed his medical at Spurs, any chance of a last minute bid from us? 😉

Sea foot   

Three very usable players for around 50mil. Not bad, not brilliant but not too shabby at all.

Delighted with the purchase of Giroud. 

chelboy   

Not really sure its been a good window. All our other rivals strengthened with players that walk into their first 11. Only Tottenham like us, bought players for rotation and so on. Luckily Liverpool lost their best player so it might help ease top 4. Emerson will be the best transfer out of the 3 in the long term. To get the best out of Giroud he will need to play alongside Morata. 

For the price, Giroud will be a good signing I think. Gives Conte the back-up target man he wanted and won’t need to adjust to the Premier League. Always looked dangerous when he came on against us. Arsenal fans seem to think highly of him and his commitment. Let’s hope he plays a positive part in the rest of the season. 

jones   

Definitely a very good January window, as I don't think we could have expected marquee signings at this moment.

Both Barkley and Palmieri are significant upgrades on two youngsters that failed to make any contribution the first half of the season. They also represent good investments - both are signed for low fees and are likely to be sold with a profit down the road - even if they don't deliver.

Giroud will likely run out his contract here and not recoup any of the 15.3mp we paid for him. But he is a short term solution to a massive problem we have had for a long time now. I don't think we have had a better CF2 since the days of Anelka. He will not demand to be first choice, brings experience and is a potential game changer from the bench. To get all of that for so little money in today's transfer market is a good move by the club imo. In terms of what he can offer us the next 6-18 months, he is also a clear upgrade on Batshuayi. I will just have to try and forget that he is Arsenal.

50mp to address three pressing issues in today's squad. I don't think any of them will prove to be world beaters the next 18 months, but then again I do think all of them will make significant contributions at the level expected from squad players. 

And then we will hopefully spend big on few players in the summer. And tie up Hazard and Courtois to new deals.

Kezza   

Happy with Giroud but doing an 18 month deal smack of some arrogance and seems strange on the club side. Just seems strange all round. I get the above 30 policy but there's enough reasons to at least do a 3 year deal?

Sea foot   
15 minutes ago, jones said:

I will just have to try and forget that he is Arsenal.

Didn't take us too long with Ashley did it?