• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

24 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Shame a Barca reject is odds on to replace the current coach nexts season. AVB mk2 written all over

Barca reject?

He left them, they wanted him to stay.

The season before he joined they had won nothing and finished nowhere.

He won 2 league titles, the CL and three Spanish Cups in 3 seasons with good attacking football. 

Whats not to like?

He wouldn’t be my choice. My choice would be Jardim from Monaco, or alternatively Tuchel or Sarri.

But Enrique plays the right kind of football, a style which suits Hazard, and gave some youth a chance at Barca. 

Edited by James Prescott

jones   

It is very difficult to know how good manager Luis Enrique is, considering he won titles with a front trio of Messi, Neymar and Suarez. And why did he desperately need a sabatical after only three years?

Conte and Mourinho are hot and cold managers. They have big egos and live by the «my way or the highway» approach. When they are hot they are the hottest, but when it gets cold it is all but over, turning things around is not their speciality. While they have brought short-term success, they were never likely to be here for the long-term.

If Conte leaves in the summer, which is looking like an inevitable scenario, I would not be surprised to see the club move for someone with a more political approach and a smaller ego. Frank Lampard has such personality, and also the experience and good relationship with the Chelsea hierarchy. But in terms of managerial experience, it is probably too soon.

Whoever becomes our next manager I really hope it is someone who has a winning mentality (like Conte and Mourinho) instead of the naive lets play free flowing football approach (like Scolari and AVB). Even if it means there will be drama at some point.

JaneB   
13 hours ago, Ham said:

A few words in support of lifelong Chelsea fan Peter Crouch. 

Firstly, the man who came out with the classic;

Q) What would you have been if you weren't a professional footballer?

A) A virgin. 

Has now tweeted (on Giroud) ;

“He was one of the best signings of the window. He is good technically, strong and great in the air. I'd go as far as to say they got themselves the division's second best looking target man!”

Ha ha.

Have just watched a short interview with Olivier Giroud on TOCWS Facebook page.

What is it with these European footballers?  So inarticulate, thick and one dimensional.  And that French accent........so annoying.  

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Ha ha.

What is it with these European footballers?  So inarticulate, thick and one dimensional.  And that French accent........so annoying.  

can't ave thees foreners takin are jobs, innit??????

Edited by Bob Singleton
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Ha ha.

Could say the same about Gerrard and Rooney for example. Inarticulate, thick, one dimensional. And that accent!!

• Like 1

Latest bet fair odds have Enrique out to 20/1, that can't be right..just watching city beating burnley, Conte this is how football should be played..everyone wants the ball , none of this passing the ball sideways and backwards crap.

on another note, how about we sell Courtois and buy Pope

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Could say the same about Gerrard and Rooney for example. Inarticulate, thick, one dimensional. And that accent!!

712.gif

JaneB   

I fear my lame attempt at irony has missed its target.

3Sphinx   

Anyone know how to hide certain people's posts? Used to be able to do it but not sure with this newer member interface

JaneB   
8 minutes ago, 3Sphinx said:

Anyone know how to hide certain people's posts? Used to be able to do it but not sure with this newer member interface

Oh dear....😳

Well obviously Michael is the expert but I just presumed you went to your account and then Ignored Users but I've never actually done it.