• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

6 hours ago, James Prescott said:

I love this club and to see it run so incompetently makes me angry. 

JP

the previous owners mears family and uncle ken were extremely good of filling their pocket and bankrupting the club  

You should be grateful for Roman and his love of the club and that the club does not have to rely on loaning money and TV payment to keep afloat. 

11 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

JP

the previous owners mears family and uncle ken were extremely good of filling their pocket and bankrupting the club  

You should be grateful for Roman and his love of the club and that the club does not have to rely on loaning money and TV payment to keep afloat. 

Mears yes.
Bates - nonsense - are you still basing this on the "history" of Chelsea written by a music writer who took a few clever words from Bruce Buck and made an opera out of it?
As one who remembers the Mears, I can only think back on Bates with immense greatfulness.

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mears yes.
Bates - nonsense - are you still basing this on the "history" of Chelsea written by a music writer who took a few clever words from Bruce Buck and made an opera out of it?
As one who remembers the Mears, I can only think back on Bates with immense greatfulness.

Yep , have to agree , he's a massive part of our success imho.

Ham   
27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep , have to agree , he's a massive part of our success imho.

He's the reason we even exist as a club today. 

13 hours ago, James Prescott said:

I am happy with the players we got in, yes. We did good business.

But letting a striker go out on loan knowing we could be left with only one fit striker for the rest of the seasons as a result is incompetent.

If Giroud wasn’t possible in order to keep Bats, get someone else.

It all smacks of a lack of planning and a lack of even a remote understanding about football.

I've counted two centre forwards playing for us tonight.

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I've counted two centre forwards playing for us tonight.

Hazard interviewed after the game says 3. 

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mears yes.

You are right that uncle ken did progress the club and fought off the property developers built his Hotel and will always be a legend at the club. However he never put his hand in his pocket he borrowed which in his final couple of years was becoming a noose around the clubs neck. 

Not forgetting that Roman made him a very wealthy man when he brought him outright. 

chara   

Just a quick comment..Mears family ..it was the last Mears ..Brian? who was a disgrace to the family name..the Mears had been part of Chelsea forever and I remember the last good one..I think it was Joe but apologise if wrong.

7 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

You are right that uncle ken did progress the club and fought off the property developers built his Hotel and will always be a legend at the club. However he never put his hand in his pocket he borrowed which in his final couple of years was becoming a noose around the clubs neck. 

Why should he ever put his hand in his pocket?  
As for the hotel - anyone who loses money building a hotel in W London in the 1990s has got to be truly unique.

He borrowed, won trophies, and sold out to another inspired investor because he broke into the top 4.
inspired investment by Ken, and I'm glad he benefited as much as we did from RA's arrival.