• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   

Shows what I know then eh!

Not surprised it was turned down - while he may not have been on fire lately, bidding £25m + add ons for England's first choice striker at a time when Real are seemingly willing to go over £80m for Gareth bl00dy Bale isn't really gonna get Man U on side. I assume just over £30m would be do it.

I am basing this on nothing.

Think it is a signal that we are not willing to overpay. Rooney has two years left of his contract, is 27 yo so has a lot less resell value than someone like Bale, and is on massive wages. I don't think Chelsea are expecting anything else than rejection at the moment, the bid is probably meant to add pressure. When Rooney hands in his alleged transfer request, at the same time as deadline day is getting closer and closer, United's bargaining position is weakened, as it becomes increasingly important to sell a player like Rooney, if they want to buy reinforcements/replacements.

The first bid was rumoured to be 20-22mp, then it makes sense that the second bid is around 25mp. It continues to put pressure on Man United, who obviously become more and more desperate to sort out the situation. Either they wake up September 3rd with an unhappy striker on 200k a week, someone they will have to sell next summer for less than he is worth now, or they have replaced him with a new player - someone like Fabregas. Getting 30mp for Rooney, and getting rid of his wages, will give them a much better chance of landing Fabregas (or someone of his quality).

Chelsea currently have three more than decent strikers in their squad, and are by no means desperate to buy. Think Mourinho has made it clear that Rooney is a player he wants, but that he still is satisfied with what he has at this moment. As I explained, United are becoming more and more desperate to sell as each day passes, and eventually the "do not want to sell to rivals" argument will weaken, as realistic suitors for Rooney are not in abundance.

Even though the pressure is on them, I am not expecting a deal here, as too much lies in the hands of the main man himself. And don't be shocked to see another U-turn by Mr. U-turn himself. United could wake up on September 3rd with a happy Rooney in their squad.

Personally, I am a bit ambivalent. As much as I see that Rooney would fit perfectly into our system, I would still be a little upset to not see the chance being given to the three we have now. And I do find it hard to picture Rooney in a Chelsea shirt.

If Lampard could pass like a top CM and play like a true CM, I wouldn't be saying any such things. he's a valuable player, but not a player for Chelsea center midfield wherein not one player alongside him is a top CM either. not going to accomplish anything in the CL and not likely to win the Prem.

Hahahaha awesome!

Oh wait, you're serious.

Wayne Rooney will not travel with the Manchester United squad to Sweden and will take no part in the pre-season friendly against AIK in Stockholm on Tuesday.

The striker has been left behind with a shoulder injury he picked up while playing in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Real Betis on Saturday.

Hilariously convenient.

BlueFizz   

Horrible, thick and not wanted here? Like most of your posts on the subject.

UP there with the best of Budgeezer.

Personally I think Jose would bring out his nice side by involving him in charity work (possibly visits to nice old ladies in care homes) and insist he takes English lessons like the other foreign lads do.

Khobar   

Dont think we should buy Rooney - the guy seems to have become awfully injury prone since we showed an interest :-)

hanuma   

Dont think we should buy Rooney - the guy seems to have become awfully injury prone since we showed an interest :-)

Would be ****ing hilarious if the deal is all ready and agreed but he fails a medical and we send him back to Utd.

Scooba   

Load of bull from utd. I now fully expect to hear something Rooney camp this week, expect transfer request shortly.

BlueFizz   

Don't hold your breath on that transfer request. Just imagine the scene at Rooney Mansions...

Wayne, stooped over Kai's plastic play table, on one of those kids chairs, wax crayon in hand, torn page of Kai's colouring book on the table, his tongue poking out as he concentrates:

dere Dayvid dayvid

Pleeze exctstep mi TRANzfer rekest.

Waine