• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

synavm   

A Sabitini/Allegri combination could be decent. As time passes I’m less and less convinced by the Belletti links. We need some experience in there. Not sure Inter are the best benchmark for where we want to go, mind. Would like to do what City have done and explore bringing some of the Barcelona backroom in and bring in better integration between the academy and senior squad with an underlying playing philosophy determining the basis of our coaching.

Edited by synavm

BlueWill   
On 22/03/2018 at 4:48 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Congratulations then on seeing something nobody else saw.  And seeing it 6 or 7 times too.   

For the rest of us he never made team of the season. 

He did make Roma player of the year, but we had already given them an option by then. 

Btw Schurlle is an excellent example of how some players made it here, some didn't and the likes of Schurrle got very very close. 

That we bought him confirms that others too saw the talent; the scouse were also in for him at that point. That he hit the ground running in Italy proves the talent was there for all to see. I know there are other factors but what struck me at Basel was how calm he was on the ball, head up on either flank with pace to burn and a super fast recovery.

The locals were all fawning over their man man, but Salah's star shone so bright. I struggle to see how you failed to see Salah's talent when you appear to rate SWP who is unquestionably amongst our worst ever signings. That Roma had an option on Salah is irrelevant, we'd already told him he was not wanted.

Mo Salah joins KdB and Lulu in that group of bright young talents who should have been our future. 

Just now, BlueWill said:

That we bought him confirms that others too saw the talent; the scouse were also in for him at that point. That he hit the ground running in Italy proves the talent was there for all to see

He did not hit the ground running in Italy.  Not at Fiorentina.  Only after we had written the option to sell.

And Fxxx the future, I want to keep the 2 PL titles that we have won.  
Salah btw, has three pieces of silverware in his career.  One is the Swiss league of 12/13.  The others?

BlueWill   
On 01/04/2018 at 0:40 PM, Kezza said:

Players we absolutely need to target in the summer. Players their club don't know how to make use of but with undoubted potential.

Martial, Isco, Shaw, Navas, 

Thats what other clubs say when looking at us

BlueWill   
16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He did not hit the ground running in Italy.  Not at Fiorentina.  Only after we had written the option to sell.

Salah btw, has three pieces of silverware in his career.  One is the Swiss league of 12/13.  The others?

You are absolutely and emphatically wrong to say that about his time at Fiorentine. No idea of your source but remember he refused to sign for them and they filed a complaint with FIFA. Anyone's confidence would be severely dented by discovering that Cuadrado was rated higher Mo's response was to show they were hopelessly wrong.

You sound like a scouser resting on your laurels and banging on about history. 

Winning the UCL & FAC did not save RDM.

I believe you're one of those who includes Charity Shields in Jose's silverware tally.

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And there we go again. Keeping players like Salah and de Bruyne wasn't an alternative to winning those titles! With or without them we would have won, but keeping them would have made us stronger in the long run... you're the one that keeps complaining that we don't have enough players, yet you seem quite happy that quality players were allowed to leave. I wonder what the reason for your hypocrisy could be. Mourinho, perhaps?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

And there we go again. Keeping players like Salah and de Bruyne wasn't an alternative to winning those titles! With or without them we would have won, but keeping them would have made us stronger in the long run... you're the one that keeps complaining that we don't have enough players, yet you seem quite happy that quality players were allowed to leave. I wonder what the reason for your hypocrisy could be. Mourinho, perhaps?

I seem to recall the JM offered both the opportunity to sit around on our bench for another season.  
There is this jealous streak about Salah and KdB because we've had a bad(ish) year.  I'd far rather be accused of hypocrisy (even though it doesn't make a lot of sense) than whinge about what might have been when we have actually had 3 very good years out of 5.