• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I think it is crazy that we are letting Conte go as he is one of the best managers in the world in my book. Most of our problems have stemmed from the board who have not backed him and have a weird out of touch mentality that they can buy 2nd/3rd rate players and reap 1st rate prizes. 

Anyway, in regards to transfers for next season I feel a total overhaul is required and would start with Zaha and Sessegnon.

He has been given £230 million to spend this season. 

Sorry, no excuses.

He may not have the exact players he wants, but our squad is better than the way it’s been performing. And that’s on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I watched the Villa game , hoping to see JT who was injured but Jack Grealish was absolutely outstanding , ran the game and a perfect replacement for Fabregas if you want a young player.

Mason Mount is better. And Chelsea. He has been superb this season on loan. Lots of goals, lots of assists, lots of MOM awards. Only 17-18.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Really???

Really.  Name all the officials of PD  - he was on TV recently - you'll find he works in Sevenoaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Mason Mount is better. And Chelsea. He has been superb this season on loan. Lots of goals, lots of assists, lots of MOM awards. Only 17-18.

 

19, but doing pretty well.  Mind you a good record at Vittesse is no guarantee of later success in the prem.  I'd want a Championship loan for him next season, too many of our players struggle at PL clubs as soon as they get in relegation scraps - which frankly has been every club we might consider except Burnley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brendan Rodgers edges into one of the favourites for next chelsea manager - brillo we going unbeaten next season then and resign scott sinclair to replace Hazard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
6 hours ago, James Prescott said:

He has been given £230 million to spend this season. 

Sorry, no excuses.

He may not have the exact players he wants, but our squad is better than the way it’s been performing. And that’s on him.

Net spend, James. Net spend is the key. Conte hasn't even had £80m spent in two seasons. Overall spend isn't an accurate measure of investment and you know this full well. 

We're playing checkers while other clubs are playing chess. That's a huge part of our problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Net spend, James. Net spend is the key. Conte hasn't even had £80m spent in two seasons. Overall spend isn't an accurate measure of investment and you know this full well. 

We're playing checkers while other clubs are playing chess. That's a huge part of our problems. 

Perhaps he should have kept a few players then - Costa, Oscar, Ivanovic, Mikel and Luiz come to mind to me.  I daresay quite a few would add Matic and Ake too.  You could even add Salah to that list if you take a strict view in terms of timing.  

Conte was blessed with a superb set of players last season.  He was a very very lucky man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
synavm   
7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps he should have kept a few players then - Costa, Oscar, Ivanovic, Mikel and Luiz come to mind to me.  I daresay quite a few would add Matic and Ake too.  You could even add Salah to that list if you take a strict view in terms of timing.  

Conte was blessed with a superb set of players last season.  He was a very very lucky man.

Do we know how much choice he (and former managers) had in keeping those players?

The critical thing is comparing our net spend over the past five seasons with United/City whilst also considering the folk apparently calling the shots have no football experience whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City spent £270 million on new players this season. We spent £230 million. Forget the net spend, we spent almost the same amount on players - they ended up with Kyle Walker, Laporte, Mendy and Bernardo Silva - and we ended up with Drinkwater and some players not fit enough to play.

Yes, our net spend is small, but what do you expect, a £200 million net spend on top of what we spent? We can't afford that as a club, we don't make enough money to spend that. We can afford, with new sponsors, PL money and sales, to spend £300 million on players, but not net. And £300 million should be well enough, along with our academy, and the core of our squad, to build a title winning squad.

It's not the money, it's how we've spent it which is frustrating. I'd rather not rack up hundreds of millions in debt and be in financial trouble again, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

City spent £270 million on new players this season. We spent £230 million. Forget the net spend, we spent almost the same amount on players - they ended up with Kyle Walker, Laporte, Mendy and Bernardo Silva - and we ended up with Drinkwater and some players not fit enough to play.

Yes, our net spend is small, but what do you expect, a £200 million net spend on top of what we spent? We can't afford that as a club, we don't make enough money to spend that. We can afford, with new sponsors, PL money and sales, to spend £300 million on players, but not net. And £300 million should be well enough, along with our academy, and the core of our squad, to build a title winning squad.

It's not the money, it's how we've spent it which is frustrating. I'd rather not rack up hundreds of millions in debt and be in financial trouble again, thanks.

The issue is James is that City (or the country backing them ) can afford to Buy £270M worth of players whilst raising £16M in sales whilst we could only afford to spend £230M because we sold almost £200m worth of players. (I've not researched this - this is just a guestimate)

The players we have brought in have not strengthened the first team one iota , Cities have.  (with apologies to Giround and Drinkwater which imho are good squad options )

City have ex players with experience of the director of football role and have been planning this for some time.

We have Romans's P.A. playing Championship Manager.

City are fully committed to their pursuit of excellence , We are fully committed to being self sufficient , which is fine in its self , provided you actually empower your first team coach and aren't actively hindering him because he questions whether you have the requisite knowledge to be solely in charge of the procurement of the playing staff, see exhibit A : Ross Barkley , who is unlikely to feature this season .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now