• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It wouldn't effect buying the wrong players at the wrong time , or do you think we were punishing him for refusing the extension ? If so , way to go Marina , don't make things so good he wants to stay , make the job so hard he cannot wait to get away .

She should be taking notes about the paperclip budget at Gazprom not deciding between the merits of the third tier left back compared to  the fourth tier one.

I think allowing him more control than any manager in the best part of 15 years and giving him a pay rise is about as much as we could realistically do.

Not throwing the best part of £200m at Sandro and Naingollan and £75m on Van Dijk is just common sense.

46 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This unnecessarily disrespectful; what little there is about her in the public sphere indicates she is an obscenely successful business person. 

There really doesn't seem to be any suggestion whatsoever, either in what the club itself says about her role or in what I've ever seen in the media, that she has any role at all in identifying players. Her role seems very much to be about managing financial negotiations. I guess you could make the argument she's doing a bad job of that, but it seems far more likely she's doing exactly the job she's employed to do and just not the one some of us would prefer. 

I simply don't care how good she is at business , what part of running a business makes you able to decide how good or how worthy a player is other than price?

Especially when a football man who may not know as much about business but four league titles in the spin tells you that they do know football is told that all he is is the coach.

Who , if it isn't her is deciding on the players we buy , Conte says it isn't him and so far he's the only one who's said anything ?

What person decided Emerson was better than Rahman ?

What person decided Barkley who doesn't in any way shape or form fit into the way we play football was the right person to sign , especially since he was injured ?

It's not Conte .

It's not Bruce Buck .

Who?

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

You might want to read the Daily Mail , big write up about Tuchel about to go to PSG.

I'd put more faith in what you say - seriously.

Do you think PSG are going to hire Tuchel as coach/manager?

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'd put more faith in what you say - seriously.

Do you think PSG are going to hire Tuchel as coach/manager?

It's certainly possible , he's linked with practically every top job going which was why I was surprised you hadn't heard of him , I think the big thing with him was he was following in Jurgen Klopps footsteps , first at Mainz and then Dortmund and was being touted as having almost done a better job than Herr Kloppy.

Ps , my amazement was not point scoring rather than genuine surprise that someone who obviously knows about football didn't know him.

36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I simply don't care how good she is at business , what part of running a business makes you able to decide how good or how worthy a player is other than price?

We do have a manager.  Just because he doesn't like answering questions from the days before deals get announced doesn't mean he is not involved.

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's certainly possible , he's linked with practically every top job going which was why I was surprised you hadn't heard of him , I think the big thing with him was he was following in Jurgen Klopps footsteps , first at Mainz and then Dortmund and was being touted as having almost done a better job than Herr Kloppy.

Ps , my amazement was not point scoring rather than genuine surprise that someone who obviously knows about football didn't know him.

I filter out stuff that has a low "truth" quotient very quickly.  Otherwise you get discussions on which offer Kenedy should choose out of BM, RM, PSG or Arsenal.

Anyway I take it that Tuchel is unlikely to go to PSG because he is off to RM or Barca or Chelsea instead.  Funny how he is happy to let all those rumours run through the media, when managers like Conte, Klopp and Poch are really cautious about indicating any move whatsoever.  

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I filter out stuff that has a low "truth" quotient very quickly.  Otherwise you get discussions on which offer Kenedy should choose out of BM, RM, PSG or Arsenal.

Anyway I take it that Tuchel is unlikely to go to PSG because he is off to RM or Barca or Chelsea instead.  Funny how he is happy to let all those rumours run through the media, when managers like Conte, Klopp and Poch are really cautious about indicating any move whatsoever.  

He'd be ideal for us , he fell out with the board at Dortmund over transfers , lol.

49 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The bit where you know how much money you can spend without being in trouble? You don't need to know anything about football to know you've a budget it's your job to keep to. 

Do you think that Marina is deliberately spending less than whatever budget she has to work to? And if so, what would you speculate her motivation is? Perhaps more pressing, if she is and it's not working, why is she still here? 

I don't have any particular affiliation with or affection for her, just don't really believe in bogey men either. If she's genuinely doing less than what she's been hired specifically to do, as I'd argue the 'football man' who you mention is, history tells us they'll both suffer the same fate soon enough. 

29 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The bit where you know how much money you can spend without being in trouble? You don't need to know anything about football to know you've a budget it's your job to keep to. 

Do you think that Marina is deliberately spending less than whatever budget she has to work to? And if so, what would you speculate her motivation is? Perhaps more pressing, if she is and it's not working, why is she still here? 

I don't have any particular affiliation with or affection for her, just don't really believe in bogey men either. If she's genuinely doing less than what she's been hired specifically to do, as I'd argue the 'football man' who you mention is, history tells us they'll both suffer the same fate soon enough. 

You have £90m to spend , do You 

A- buy a few older players because the manager who just won the league , for the fourth time in a row in his managerial career , really wants them , knows them and believes they will fit in with his ethos 

B- make a one off mega signing that will prove to the football world that Chelsea mean business 

C- faff about , constantly refusing to budge on your self imposed budget , finally settling on a player who doesn't fit in with the way the team plays and has been injured for six months , a fourth choice left back who has come back from an ACL and is less far into his rehabilitation than someone already at the club who by all accounts needs to play more and  an overpriced player arguably worse than the player he was replacing who s also injured , on deadline day . 

If your answer is C , congratulations you're mental.

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You have £90m to spend , do You 

A- buy a few older players because the manager who just won the league , for the fourth time in a row in his managerial career , really wants them , knows them and believes they will fit in with his ethos 

B- make a one off mega signing that will prove to the football world that Chelsea mean business 

C- faff about , constantly refusing to budge on your self imposed budget , finally settling on a player who doesn't fit in with the way the team plays and has been injured for six months , a fourth choice left back who has come back from an ACL and is less far into his rehabilitation than someone already at the club who by all accounts needs to play more and  an overpriced player arguably worse than the player he was replacing who s also injured , on deadline day . 

If your answer is C , congratulations you're mental.

Is that what you think Conte did?  C?