• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
10 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I see you're contradicting yourself again, James. In the (relatively recent) past you've claimed we CAN spend £200-£300 million NET. Now you're saying we can't? Time to make your mind up.

Bob, you do realise James has you on ignore don't you? 

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is that what you think Conte did?  C?

No.

As well you know you rascal.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Bob, you do realise James has you on ignore don't you? 

So he says, yet he's still managed to reply to some of my posts since he announced some while ago that he was 'ignoring' me and you quoting me means that particular post is visible to him (for which I thank you) :-)

Ham   
51 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

So he says, yet he's still managed to reply to some of my posts since he announced some while ago that he was 'ignoring' me and you quoting me means that particular post is visible to him (for which I thank you) :-)

😂

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I simply don't care how good she is at business , what part of running a business makes you able to decide how good or how worthy a player is other than price?

Look on the bright side. Rather Marina than Karen Brady. 

The bottom line is roman probably sanctions all transfers therefore if you are going to point a finger it should be a the man who made this club what it is today. 

We will bounce back as usual.

The Current coach decided to throw his toys out of the pram in last july and has been in a sulk ever since.

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
Should have gone to specsavers

kev61   

Let's look at the facts.No manager has come in and won the league with us that didn't already have a good team at his disposal in the Abramovich era..Conte took over a team that finished tenth and won the league in his first year..fact.Surely he should have been backed to the hilt after his success first season?

Look at our old friend Mourhino crying poverty when it comes to being able to buy players ....again!.The man is delusional he puts himself in the spotlight when they get a good result(man city)and can't see how absolutely turgid,unbalanced boring drivel he serves up(wba).

I have criticised Conte  many times but who in the hell is going to do better with the bunch we have.There is no cohesion in the club that I can see.Next season will be interesting  - I can see us sinking to an all time low in the Abramovich era.

Edited by kev61

xCELERYx   
45 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If Pogba really is available, I would take the risk definitely. Clearly has a bad attitude, but the talent there is unquestionable.

Only worth taking if Conte remains, because more than likely any other manager that comes in is going to return to a traditional back four system of some variety. Pogba has played his best football on the left of CM in a 352, where he's got a little more freedom and space. Half of his problems at Man Utd are because Mourinho's system doesn't cater for a player like him well, thus he's often left playing in slightly different midfield roles and positions. While he's still been able to contribute, he's not the sort of CM that is going to impose himself in a way that a more rounded player like Lampard or Gerrard would do - in a sense he can be a little bit more of a luxury player. Which, when he was at Juve was fine because he had Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal to divide that responsibility between. Not something he's had at Man Utd since re-joining, or something he'd get completely here either unless further midfield invest is to be made. 

That said, I really cannot see him coming here now - let alone for a price we'd realistically be willing to pay. 

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If Pogba really is available, I would take the risk definitely. Clearly has a bad attitude, but the talent there is unquestionable.

There's no 'risk' - with his attitude, it's a certainty. Throwing good money, after bad.

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

C- faff about , constantly refusing to budge on your self imposed budget ...

So you think Marina calls the shots over Roman? It's a bold opinion, I'll give you that. 

5 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The bottom line is roman probably sanctions all transfers therefore if you are going to point a finger it should be a the man who made this club what it is today. 

This, but without the finger pointing bit. 

The idea that Roman hired Marina so she could basically tell him what to do is ... I don't know how to put it.