• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

8 hours ago, Ham said:

😂

Yep, the only way I see Bob’s posts now are when others share them.

Now I just laugh at Bob’s posts because so many of the posts I see are off topic and just attempts to look clever, funny and boost his ego. 

It was ever thus.

Edited by James Prescott

Martial, Pogba - both world class talents being under used and not well managed by Mourinho.

Remind anyone of De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah? He is doing it again. Guarantee those two go on to much greater things elsewhere and United live to regret it.

Would take Martial all day long. Pogba is irrelevant as we would never pay that much for a player anyway. 

Edited by James Prescott

jones   

Yeah, Martial should be topping our shopping list this summer. Three good seasons at a top PL club, but only 22, should be extremely hungry and eager to prove himself, and his goal+assist contribution is at very high levels.

With his contract running out and him being unwilling to renew, he really is a no-brainer. Could be available for 50mp I suppose.

48 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

So you think Marina calls the shots over Roman? It's a bold opinion, I'll give you that. 

This, but without the finger pointing bit. 

The idea that Roman hired Marina so she could basically tell him what to do is ... I don't know how to put it.

I'm sure you don't honestly believe that I am implying that at all.

Of course she has to stick to a budget , but why follow your own flawed agenda at the expense of the manager who's already proven what he can do and risk rocking the boat.

That's why I illustrated the points with "the boards" flawed purchases.

I also understand that the club are concerned about "re-sale" value which is why the club knocked back Conte's desire to sign Candreva ( who would do a better job than Moses if he was carrying him on his back piggy back fashion ) , I can only imagine the stampede when Danny Drinkwater , Ross Barkley and Emerson come onto the market .

In fairness to Emerson , he has the highest ceiling and could re-generate the funds that he cost should he ever play football again.

Didn't we pay £40M for Drinkwater ?

Good luck with recouping that.

So , if you firmly believe that Marina is not choosing the targets , Conte has categorically denied having an input ( whatever DWMH says ) and does so every time he's asked about it , who is making the decisions about what constitutes a good buy ?

Roman?

That's just as absurd as Sullivan doing all the buying at West Ham .

My opinion is that Roman is employing Marina to run the club from top to bottom staying within certain budgetry constraints , it's also my opinion that she has chosen to follow her own path and ignore the advice of the only person at the club who has any experience of running a successful league campaign , having done so in the last four seasons of his club management career.

Smart people employ other smart people to do jobs for them , if you like , Roman employed Marina , however the pair of them also employed Conte whose reward for winning the league was to be knocked back in his pursuit of another title , belittled and put in his place , (see Saturday Shirt and tie , following Saturday tracksuit and " I am only the coach ".)

I'm certain Conte is not an easy man to deal with and I can see quite clearly he's made a mess of the season himself too.

However the catalyst for our demise was sown in the boardroom when they cleverly put Conte in his place.

synavm   

Martial, Rashford, Pogba - if Mourinho is shipping them out, he's selling his three best players. Pogba has struggled as he's been played out of position almost consistently. Jose will then be left with a few players who will deliver a very short term return- exactly what he did in his last spell here, except it won't deliver trophies for them.

8 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Only worth taking if Conte remains, because more than likely any other manager that comes in is going to return to a traditional back four system of some variety. Pogba has played his best football on the left of CM in a 352, where he's got a little more freedom and space. Half of his problems at Man Utd are because Mourinho's system doesn't cater for a player like him well, thus he's often left playing in slightly different midfield roles and positions. While he's still been able to contribute, he's not the sort of CM that is going to impose himself in a way that a more rounded player like Lampard or Gerrard would do - in a sense he can be a little bit more of a luxury player. Which, when he was at Juve was fine because he had Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal to divide that responsibility between. Not something he's had at Man Utd since re-joining, or something he'd get completely here either unless further midfield invest is to be made. 

That said, I really cannot see him coming here now - let alone for a price we'd realistically be willing to pay. 

The world-classs player who isn't able to function anywhere else except in 1 role?

Pogba has had the exact look of a player who doesn't work hard in training. I'm by no means a Juventus expert, but during his time there I am pretty sure I caught the odd game or 2 where I feel certain he performed well in completely different roles. 

Like I said, I dont buy the whole Mourinho is to blame excuse, and I noticed that the media are starting to come around to that as well.

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

There's no 'risk' - with his attitude, it's a certainty. Throwing good money, after bad.

Some would say that De Bruyne had a poor attitude as well. Still looks like a whiny little b*tch to me.

Juventus got a tune out of Pogba for quite some time so I dont think this is quite the extreme like the Balotelli case.

We'd better hope it isn't Conte doing the asking then if you think we're going to buy Pogba , Martial and Rashford.  We've got more chance of signing Emerson , Lake and Palmer.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

We'd better hope it isn't Conte doing the asking then if you think we're going to buy Pogba , Martial and Rashford.  We've got more chance of signing Emerson , Lake and Palmer.

I know we've bought quite a few injured players recently, but surely even we wouldn't buy someone who's dead!