Be careful as you pass
Move along! Move along

Come inside, the show's about to start
Guaranteed to blow your head apart
Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show in Heaven, Hell, or Earth

You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo
You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll

Not sure we will get to see Real Blades of Grass much longer.  Or get our or Roman's money's worth.  But it is rock and roll.

Anyone know the title of the song without looking it up (I cheated, despite owning the original vinyl somewhere in a garage).

Karn Evil 9 (and I didn't look it up... been an ELP fan since the mid 70s, but sadly only saw them three times live, once as a fee paying concert goer and twice from the photo pit, as they mostly toured the USA and Europe)

30 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Karn Evil 9 (and I didn't look it up... been an ELP fan since the mid 70s, but sadly only saw them three times live, once as a fee paying concert goer and twice from the photo pit, as they mostly toured the USA and Europe)

Impressive.  Very nearly, and I had forgotten that completely.*

But Karn Evil 9,   ............................,    ..................................

for the full title

* Probably because Punk came along and I er grew up.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Rob B   
13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

.My opinion is that Roman is employing Marina to run the club from top to bottom staying within certain budgetry constraints , it's also my opinion that she has chosen to follow her own path and ignore the advice of the only person at the club who has any experience of running a successful league campaign , having done so in the last four seasons of his club management career.

Smart people employ other smart people to do jobs for them.

Nail on the head.

There is no way Roman gets involved in the minutia.  Key decisions involving the likes of the stadium, recruitment of senior key personnel etc absolutely, but I strongly suspect his executive team have a series of very high level strategic objectives which they are responsible for going away and executing.  I also believe that transfer funds/spend/revenue will fall within those. Ie as long as the club stay within the allocated budget agreed on, I don’t think Roman particularly cares whether it’s Ox or Barkley, for example, and suspect those decisions were made predominantly between Marina, Emenalo, the Scouts and the Manager at the time.

Roman simply has too many business interests and is far too busy to focus on everything. 

Edited by Rob B

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Nail on the head.

But he says:  it's also my opinion that she has chosen to follow her own path and ignore the advice of the only person at the club who has any experience of running a successful league campaign 

And you say much more reasonably: Ie as long as the club stay within the allocated budget agreed on, I don’t think Roman particularly cares whether it’s Ox or Barkley, for example, and suspect those decisions were made predominantly between Marina, Emenalo, the Scouts and the Manager at the time.

I suspect Marina is purely there to maintain budget discipline.  And in particular to translate the complexity which is a transfer and contract deal involving a lot of different types of big payments over a 3 to 5 year period into a single number that can go into a budget and DoF, Scouts and manager can understand.  Not a trivial task.

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Roman simply has too many business interests and is far too busy to focus on everything. 

Sorry I have to disagree. 

Billionare or not. If your company’s want to spend 40 million of your money. You will want to know the details before sanctioning the deal. 

The same with selling players. Do you believe that a key player like Matic was sold without Romans blessing. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

kev61   
11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We'd better hope it isn't Conte doing the asking then if you think we're going to buy Pogba , Martial and Rashford.  We've got more chance of signing Emerson , Lake and Palmer.

I always thought we needed three signings...The three scrooges,the three musketeers and Mary mungo  and midge would  be in with a shout with this current board - with bungle overseeing matters.

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I suspect Marina is purely there to maintain budget discipline.  

Who's identifying the type of players we need then , which of them is deciding to take a punt on long term injured players that have so far this season ,who,  when we needed the help most not made one iota of difference?

We don't know .

All we do know is that it's not Conte .

The reason we know this is that he's said time and again that it's not him behind it and it's the only evidence we have to go on other than our own beliefs.

It's not Conte . 

It's as sure as hell not Roman .

It's not Buck .

it's not Guy Laurence

Its not Eugene Tenenbaum.

It's not Emanalo he's gone and his "duties" taken on by Marina who also gets a pass apparently.

Scott Mclachlan ?

Maybe Roman is putting all his faith in a chief scout with top of the tree experience at Fulham and Southampton and ignoring the man who's won four league titles on the spin ?

That sounds like the smart view , a multi million pound business , owned by a billionaire , rising and falling on the whims of someone who did an OK job at Fulham.

jones   

I have heard we have been using a lot of consultants to advice on player purchases and strategy since Emenalo left. 

paulw66   
46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Who's identifying the type of players we need then , which of them is deciding to take a punt on long term injured players that have so far this season ,who,  when we needed the help most not made one iota of difference?

We don't know .

So you agree that we don't know. Nobody outside of the club knows 100% what goes on......... so why do you constantly have a pop at Marina and or the club for putting the transfer policy in her hands? I suspect she gets given targets and a budget, then goes from there. Quite a normal thing for a person in her position. 

18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

So you agree that we don't know. Nobody outside of the club knows 100% what goes on......... so why do you constantly have a pop at Marina and or the club for putting the transfer policy in her hands? I suspect she gets given targets and a budget, then goes from there. Quite a normal thing for a person in her position. 

Of course it's her , who else could it be? Mr Nobody ? 

She gets given her targets ?

By Who ?

If it's Conte (which it isn't) she's ignoring everything he's saying .

Who's this all empowered magical employee doing all this recommending ?