• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Massive fan of Dembele, I think he is absolutely outstanding. Would be one of my top choices if we could sign any midfielder on the planet.

Rob B   
8 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Massive fan of Dembele, I think he is absolutely outstanding. Would be one of my top choices if we could sign any midfielder on the planet.

Agreed he’s absolutely brilliant. Spurs would be mad to let him go 

13 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

4 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Agreed he’s absolutely brilliant. Spurs would be mad to let him go 

He is , however , the fact that he's running down his contract does have the feint whiff of City / tapped up  about it.

paulw66   
34 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I like him but didn't realise until the other day he hasn't got a single goal or assist to his name this season. Him alongside Kante, and we would have to revert to a back 4, which I have no problem with

JaneB   
4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Who's identifying the type of players we need then , which of them is deciding to take a punt on long term injured players that have so far this season ,who,  when we needed the help most not made one iota of difference?

We don't know .

All we do know is that it's not Conte .

The reason we know this is that he's said time and again that it's not him behind it and it's the only evidence we have to go on other than our own beliefs.

It's not Conte . 

It's as sure as hell not Roman .

It's not Buck .

it's not Guy Laurence

Its not Eugene Tenenbaum.

It's not Emanalo he's gone and his "duties" taken on by Marina who also gets a pass apparently.

Scott Mclachlan ?

Maybe Roman is putting all his faith in a chief scout with top of the tree experience at Fulham and Southampton and ignoring the man who's won four league titles on the spin ?

That sounds like the smart view , a multi million pound business , owned by a billionaire , rising and falling on the whims of someone who did an OK job at Fulham.

Is it my imagination or has Buck been less 'prominent' this season?

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You know - just like you know the kind of person Courtois is at heart, and half a dozen inside secrets from the club.

Everyone else knows that Football managers and politicians (and wives and bosses and most people) tell little white lies from time to time.

Frankly, making some kind of false point by adopting one of the most obvious white lies as true is more of a lie than the original.

Rather too many sexist presumptions there Droy  ;-)

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Rather too many sexist presumptions there Droy  ;-)

either that or extreme naivety in thinking that husbands get away with white lies.

Hope we try and sign Sessegnon from Fulham, he definitely fits the profile of a future superstar. Cleaned up all the awards for the Championship. Hopefully in our favour is that the lack of upheaval of moving within the borough would be attractive. Perhaps we could offer them Piazon and Kalas in part exchange and offer to leave him there on loan, will probably depend on whether they achieve promotion or not. Would love to see some more English players bought in and developed here, James Maddison at Norwich sounds a prospect but unfortunately we have stocked that position with questionable English talent already (Barkley, Drinkwater, RLC)

32 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Hope we try and sign Sessegnon from Fulham, he definitely fits the profile of a future superstar. Cleaned up all the awards for the Championship. Hopefully in our favour is that the lack of upheaval of moving within the borough would be attractive. Perhaps we could offer them Piazon and Kalas in part exchange and offer to leave him there on loan, will probably depend on whether they achieve promotion or not. Would love to see some more English players bought in and developed here, James Maddison at Norwich sounds a prospect but unfortunately we have stocked that position with questionable English talent already (Barkley, Drinkwater, RLC)

Not to mention their manager is a Chelsea midfield legend up there with Bakayoko

Ham   

Perhaps the reason Conte isn't the man making the decisions on transfers is because he's been demanding 30 year olds with £50m plus price tags since he arrived.

Anyone considered that?   

This is going to be a very very long transfer window. Not sure I can take 4 and a half months of this.

Especially after Liverpool win the CL, Arsenal win Europa and Spurs beat us in the FA Cup final...

Then there’s a sodding World Cup to endure.