• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   

Ampadu fee set at GBP 2.5m

Seems fair enough to me but Exeter aren't too chuffed. 

28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

They will undoubtedly feel they found the new Gullit , we would argue he's the new Ake or Chalobah  , he's bloody good though so they probably do feel a tad mistreated.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They will undoubtedly feel they found the new Gullit , we would argue he's the new Ake or Chalobah  , he's bloody good though so they probably do feel a tad mistreated.

I think these sort of fees are impossible to set 

Like you say, he could be the next McEachren, Bruma, Michael Woods......... IF he turns into a superstar, then they will have a point. 

2 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Now the fee has been set maybe we could play him a lot more.

I suspect that they have had that conversation in a taxi somewhere.
Incidentally Ampadu's Dad was a coach at Exeter who moved on to be an Arsenal youth coach in 2012 and is now their U18 coach.  I'm sure he has got good advice about not being too tied to Exeter

Edited by Droy was my hero

I wonder what we were offering before the tribunal. I suspect their disappointment stems from possibly getting less at tribunal than was on the table at some point. Anybody know when the Solanke tribunal is or did I miss it? Never heard a confirmed figure.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It’s still money back and into grass roots so clubs like Exeter can survive and find local tallent. 

£2.5m is the max figure they get btw, it was £850k up front, £450k based on signing a first pro contract, making five appearances already and a first Wales cap. Looking at it like that I can see why they'e disappointed... until I read they also get a 20% sell on fee which will be in the millions of pounds unless he plays his whole career here. Even if he is 'only' another Ake or Nate they will get a massive windfall which probably makes the deal more in favour to them than us.