• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

When we sold De Bruyne I was annoyed because I felt like he clearly had talent and we didn't give him a fair chance at all and that after all the hype around him, why would we just let him go so soon and so easily. Salah however, I didn't feel much about as whenever I saw him play for Chelsea he looked out of his depth and he probably was, he had shown a lot of promise at a small club in a small league and absolutely no way did I ever see him having the kind of season he is having and being half as good as he currently is.

jones   

If we keep Hazard and will only buy one AM this summer, what will people think about Zaha? Ready for the big stage?

Ham   
3 minutes ago, jones said:

If we keep Hazard and will only buy one AM this summer, what will people think about Zaha? Ready for the big stage?

In a word, yes. 

47 minutes ago, jones said:

Yes. He went to United too early and at a time when SAF (who bought him) turned into Moyes (who didn't know what to do with him). He's 'grown up' now. He's added 'team work' and 'finishing' to his obvious attributes of speed and skill making him a far more rounded footballer. I think he's got a better footballing brain than Willian (who frustrates the hell out of me) too. He's probably more attainable than Martial, Lemar, Leon Bailey, etc

Edited by Bob Singleton

jones   

Agree with both of you. But I think pricing away a PL club's best player, home grown, entering the best part of his career, 4 years left on his deal, is going to be close to impossible in today's market. 50mp will get you Martial (one year left) and Bailey (agent pushing for a move, 35mp is mentioned), but probably not Zaha. 

I'd happily take him though. Not often you find such a technically gifted player with Zaha's work rate.

If we only add one AM this summer, we are crazy.  As would be Hazard if he stays.
Zaha would be perfect (but much in demand).   I'd happily leave RLC at Palace for another year if that is what it takes.
Richarlison might not be a Hazard replacement, like Zaha, but he'd be a great first 16 member.  

We should try for both Leon Bailey and Zaha IMO.

Losing Hazard potentially, Willian's getting on a bit, and Pedro's no spring chicken either... Zaha's the right mix of directness and speed for me. Like him a lot. 

There was a post in the Swansea matchday thread with all Bison's goals, and it really shone a light on what we are missing having lost the midfield goal scoring threat we used to have with Lamps, Ballack and Essien. Honestly, we had goals from all over because Terry, Ivanovic, Alex, Carvalho and Gallas all could score their fair amount of crucial goals as well. We dont see Rudiger, Azpili, Christensen, Kante or Fabregas score enough. 

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

Bailey for sure - think he's a our major attacking target this summer. And I'd definitely take Zaha, he's got the whole package - and has good chemistry with RLC too (who we should bring back and play). I'd take them both, sell Pedro, keep Hazard and make Hudson-Odoi fourth choice, but a legitimate rotation player able to start PL games and getting starts. Zaha also doubles up as a striker too, so technically you could play Hazard, Zaha and Bailey in the same team.