• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

My friend is a season ticket holder at Villa and says JT has been class all season. Suddenly an expensively assembled team of individuals are playing as a team and his centre back partner James Chester has been excellent alongside him. The atmosphere there for a good few seasoms had become toxic.

Besides being a brick wall at the front post and an underappreciated ball playing centre back, he always had an incredible ability to organise his defence and increase the performance levels of his fellow CB.

He will have been a  huge miss behind the scenes and even though I like Cahill he has always struck me as more of a follower than a leader. 

I have no doubt JT will still be great in the Prem but as mentioned above there is a huge gulf between the top 6 and the rest. Playing for a team who can sit deep with a low block is perfect for him as it minimises the chances of him ever getting left one on one with a Jamie Vardy type. Weirdest part of all of this is hearing anyone rave about John Terry that's not a Chelsea fan or an ex pro. 

Edited by samhoward17

JaneB   
5 minutes ago, samhoward17 said:

My friend is a season ticket holder at Villa and says JT has been class all season. Suddenly an expensively assembled team of individuals are playing as a team and his centre back partner James Chester has been excellent alongside him. The atmosphere there for a good few seasoms had become toxic.

Besides being a brick wall at the front post and an underappreciated ball playing centre back, he always had an incredible ability to organise his defence and increase the performance levels of his fellow CB.

He will have been a  huge miss behind the scenes and even though I like Cahill he has always struck me as more of a follower than a leader. 

I have no doubt JT will still be great in the Prem but as mentioned above there is a huge gulf between the top 6 and the rest. Playing for a team who can sit deep with a low block is perfect for him as it minimises the chances of him ever getting left one on one with a Jamie Vardy type. Weirdest part of all of this is hearing anyone rave about John Terry that's not a Chelsea fan or an ex pro. 

Really interesting thanks Sam.

The board will know that the best way to shut hazard up is a quickfire double signing to assuage his fears about lack of transfer activity, hence the upcoming bids for benteke and Rondon which will surely be finalised in a day or two.

1 hour ago, Gormangorman said:

The board will know that the best way to shut hazard up is a quickfire double signing to assuage his fears about lack of transfer activity, hence the upcoming bids for benteke and Rondon which will surely be finalised in a day or two.

Haven't seen the Hazard interview though I know it has been presented as a) a promise to stay or b) a threat to leave if we don't buy the right players.

I think he is far more of a diplomat than that, and doubt we should be reading anything into the words.  My feeling is that just as the tape started running he was asked about players arriving this summer and his response was just "I'd like to know too".

33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Haven't seen the Hazard interview though I know it has been presented as a) a promise to stay or b) a threat to leave if we don't buy the right players.

I think he is far more of a diplomat than that, and doubt we should be reading anything into the words.  My feeling is that just as the tape started running he was asked about players arriving this summer and his response was just "I'd like to know too".

Yes you nailed it there, but we can all agree that Eden has  a point.

1 minute ago, Gormangorman said:

Yes you nailed it there, but we can all agree that Eden has  a point.

oh yeah - I think we don't intend to buy the right players and Eden should go.

That is we might try to buy talent, but the next season we will be title challengers again will be 2021/2 or later, and Hazard (and Kante) are worth more to some other club than to us.  Hope I'm wrong but doubt it.

jones   

How many days after the FACup final will it take for us to get the new manager confirmed? Is everything already in place, just waiting for the season to end and Conte to go, or will it take weeks before we land the deal? 

My hunch is that either we have had Luis Enrique (slightly underwhelming) lined up for some time and will be confirmed next week, or we are having an audacious attempt for Poch that can turn the next few weeks into a bit of a circus. The last scenario certainly would be «proper Chels»!

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, jones said:

How many days after the FACup final will it take for us to get the new manager confirmed?

Well, you jump the gun slightly. The can't confirm a new manager before Conte is confirmed as going........

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Well, you jump the gun slightly. The can't confirm a new manager before Conte is confirmed as going........

We're not PSG - they do it all the time.