• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

xCELERYx   
2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Another one that just doesn't get him. Do we judge attacking players just on goals and assists?

He is about as far from what you describe as imaginable. 

He's always been a hard working true professional.  Far more professional than your beloved Conte this season yet you fire these allegations at him after one stupid picture he posted on Social media.

One of the very few players we have left that are proper Chelsea and one we should do absolutely everything to keep.  

What's more important to you Conte being successful or our club? Being a self confessed Juventus fan I'm assuming it's the former .

Oh, I get Willian. I was one of the few (along with Sleeping Dave) that backed Willian to the tilt since he joined. Along with being one of my favourite players in general. That doesn't mean he's immune from criticism. 

Wasn't aware that the main attribute for attacking midfielders these days is just to work hard. While production, consistency and decisive decision making in the final third are just an added bonus on top.

I like Willian (although is recent petulant behaviour does sour that a little because it reflects negatively on the club), but I want to see him deliver more based on the talent he does have. I'm happy to see him stay, but he's not a pencilled in first teamer until he proves otherwise - and not just against the lesser sides like he has a habit of doing. He needs to do it more when it counts. If he can do that, fight for a spot, he's a very good player to have. That doesn't mean he can cannot be improved on though with someone else who offers more than he does in the attacking third. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

Oh, I get Willian. I was one of the few (along with Sleeping Dave) that backed Willian to the tilt since he joined. Along with being one of my favourite players in general. That doesn't mean he's immune from criticism. 

Why would you start having a pop at him for how he plays then? He has never had the greatest attacking output yet you say you backed him before now.

1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

Wasn't aware that the main attribute for attacking midfielders these days is just to work hard. While production, consistency and decisive decision making in the final third are just an added bonus on top.

He is consistently brilliant at what he does.  You claim you get him then keep bringing up his lack of goals and assists. Doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

I like Willian (although is recent petulant behaviour does sour that a little because it reflects negatively on the club).

No it does not in the slightest. It reflects negatively on him and really negatively on the manager.

1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

but I want to see him deliver more based on the talent he does have. I'm happy to see him stay, but he's not a pencilled in first teamer until he proves otherwise - and not just against the lesser sides like he has a habit of doing.

That's absolute bollox. 

1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

He needs to do it more when it counts.

Again, utter bollox.

1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

If he can do that, fight for a spot, he's a very good player to have. That doesn't mean he can cannot be improved on though with someone else who offers more than he does in the attacking third. 

 

Or perhaps keep him in the starting 11 and add an extra player to score more goals at the expense of a defender maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

44 goals in 236 games, certainly won't be missing his attacking production if he does leave - or his childish attitude. 

44 goals in 168 starts.  No penalties.  0.262 per start

Hazard is 68 goals in 267 starts.  0254 per start.   (+21 penalties)

That would be a fair comparison of scoring abilities.

I guess we should sell Hazard first and give Willian the penalties to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dingus   

Sorry, but Willian is not "proper Chelsea". Are any of them at this point?

As an attacking midfielder, yes Willian should be judged on this goals and assists. How else are we meant to judge him? Yes he has a good engine and works hard but lets be honest, his decision making is awful at times and his output is severely lacking.

I'm cool with him being here providing he remains a decent backup option for whoever comes in but at the same time, given his recent behaviour, I won't be fussed if Utd come in for him and he decides to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I'm cool with him being here providing he remains a decent backup option for whoever comes in but at the same time, given his recent behaviour, I won't be fussed if Utd come in for him and he decides to go.

I know it is traditional to find something to moan about if someone looks like leaving.  But that tweet picture was no biggie, and might well have just meant he knows Conte is on his way.  Whereas Conte's interviews in Italy about the players not being good enough for his ambitions are frankly far worse.  In Italian I guess too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More and more than just don't get it.

Keep looking at stats and ignore everything else.

The fact that he has just been voted player of the year is enough for me to know my opinion on him is justified.

And yes he is 100% proper Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dingus   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I know it is traditional to find something to moan about if someone looks like leaving.  But that tweet picture was no biggie, and might well have just meant he knows Conte is on his way.  Whereas Conte's interviews in Italy about the players not being good enough for his ambitions are frankly far worse.  In Italian I guess too.  

My opinions on Willian have remained consistent, regardless of whether he's leaving or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

More and more than just don't get it.

Keep looking at stats and ignore everything else.

The fact that he has just been voted player of the year is enough for me to know my opinion on him is justified.

And yes he is 100% proper Chelsea.

Well for one he wasn't voted player of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now