• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

Must matter a lot if Terry or Lampard never won it.

So What?

You can't really argue with any of the players that have won it since 2006.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dingus   
6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

No, not entirely. It's everything else he brings to the team that you obviously don't appreciate. 

There really is no point. If you don't get him after 5 years you never will.

No I don't, I said it once. You wanted me to explain. That hardly constitutes to me keep going on about it.

As I said, I appreciate his work ethic.

Now I want you to tell me what his strengths are. It's a simple request really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

 

If you don't know then there is absolutely no point discussing it. His strengths are unbelievably obvious. 

His team mates obviously appreciate him. I'd guess they know a bit more than most on here.

More step overs per game than any other Chelsea player

More "running up blind alleys" than any other Chelsea player.

Second only to Fabregas in failing to get the ball beyond the first defender when taking corners.

Are those the 'unbelievably obvious' strengths you mean? If not, pray tell to one like myself who is otherwise obviously blind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
35 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Players player of the year. The one that matters.

 

30 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Obviously everything other than how many goals he scores.

Someone who has given absolutely everything for the club, has time for the fans and genuinely cares about us.

Willian is 100% proper Chelsea. 

 

 

26 minutes ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

Must matter a lot if Terry or Lampard never won it.

Pardon me butting in to a private argument.

Terry and Lampard were too busy winning all the awards that matter, winning all the trophies that matter  and consistently working their backsides off for the club they genuinely loved.

That's what 100% proper Chelsea means.

Willian is very talented but he hasn't completely proved himself and what he did on Instagram was petulant and unprofessional.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Willian is very talented but he hasn't completely proved himself and what he did on Instagram was petulant and unprofessional.

This.

Well said, JaneB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

If you don't know then there is absolutely no point discussing it. His strengths are unbelievably obvious. 

His team mates obviously appreciate him. I'd guess they know a bit more than most on here.

Quite - people like to show off their ability to ignore the obvious on here.  Per start, ignoring penalties, he has outscored Hazard here.  But hey who cares about evidence

35 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Pardon me butting in to a private argument.

Terry and Lampard were too busy winning all the awards that matter, winning all the trophies that matter  and consistently working their backsides off for the club they genuinely loved.

That's what 100% proper Chelsea means.

Willian is very talented but he hasn't completely proved himself and what he did on Instagram was petulant and unprofessional.

It might explain why they weren't voted for as players player as it implies praise for what is done out of the public eye.  It doesn't make Willian not proper Chelsea - and in fact I'm amazed you suggested that.

Petulant and unprofessional maybe - certainly no worse that what Conte was saying about the players at the same time.  And he has at least waited until after Conte has gone.  But most of all it is incredibly trivial.  On the scale of JM wearing a club Gilet.  Why do people get upset about these things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW - the reason the press are all over these petty things as if they made the slightest bit of difference is because:

A:  There is a huge story about Conte leaving, possibly going somewhere big, and someone big coming to Chelsea
and
B:  There may (or may not be) a huge story about RA not getting a visa or even selling the club.

And the press don't have the slightest idea what is going on.  Their inability to get to the truth at the club is certainly one of the reasons they hate us so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

 

It might explain why they weren't voted for as players player as it implies praise for what is done out of the public eye.  It doesn't make Willian not proper Chelsea - and in fact I'm amazed you suggested that.

Petulant and unprofessional maybe - certainly no worse that what Conte was saying about the players at the same time.  And he has at least waited until after Conte has gone.  But most of all it is incredibly trivial.  On the scale of JM wearing a club Gilet.  Why do people get upset about these things?

Well I'm sure no one has done more for Chelsea behind the scenes than JT so I don't understand your point. 

I wasn't saying that because he was voted players player of the year it didn't make him proper Chelsea. Like so many others at our club atm, he is just 'passing through'.

Conte hasn't gone yet. And if I want to get upset about 'these things' I will. It was attention seeking and I bet he thought it was hilarious. Just left me feeling sad for Conte which I'm sure wasn't what Willian wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

44 goals in 168 starts.  No penalties.  0.262 per start

A fair way of framing it, IMO. Very few players who Chelsea could realistically have on the books, have had on the books in recent years, or are likely to have on the books in the years to come, who would blow that statistic out of the water while providing Willian's leg work.

I'm curious to know what attacking midfielders in the PL have better, ahem, 'production' than a goal every fourth start in two title-winning teams.

Willian's Instagram post was daft and I'm not hugely impressed with him, but ultimately it doesn't really mean anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now