• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   

Robert Lewandowski has received a concrete offer from #Chelsea and has asked the Polish national team for extra time to sort out his future. [Przeglad Sportowy]

Don’t get your hopes up, but this would be amazing.

1 hour ago, jones said:

Robert Lewandowski has received a concrete offer from #Chelsea and has asked the Polish national team for extra time to sort out his future. [Przeglad Sportowy]

Don’t get your hopes up, but this would be amazing.

Lewandowski ticks so many of the ideal Chelsea CF boxes, he would be an unbelievable signing, even at 29 as his game means he has another 4-5 years in him with the way sports science is these days. However, I will see it when I believe it. At this moment in time my main concern is still CM and AM as we need four of those, with two being world class and the others very good quality if we want to be serious about being a top team again. 

Ham   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

1)  Quite - people like to show off their ability to ignore the obvious on here. 

2). But most of all it is incredibly trivial.  On the scale of JM wearing a club Gilet.  Why do people get upset about these things?

Ok;

1) Like obsessively insisting that Fabregas had a great game when he stunk the place out or that Matic played badly every single week and had no positive attributes?

2)  The issue was only ever wearing the Man U badge on his gilet and banging his hand on the crest when he played against his former club where the fans adored him and he supposedly loved them. Many on here thought what he did was petty and childish. I don't recall anyone calling for him to be executed. 

Rob B   
4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I'm curious to know what attacking midfielders in the PL have better, ahem, 'production' than a goal every fourth start in two title-winning teams.

I know they weren’t your stats they were from DWMH, but according to the official PL website it’s 25 goals in 166 games.  

Working backwards from this season, his goal return has been 6, 8, 5, 2 and 4 which is simply not good enough for a club of our ambitions.

I like Willian as a player, he works tirelessly and is great on the counter attack but we need to improve on him this summer.  I’m not sure his work rate is as difficult to replace as you’re making it sound either. Appreciate you wouldn’t get it from someone like Martial, but you would from Zaha for example, and he has better output for a team who fight relegation every year. 

Simply put, Liverpool, Man City and  Man United all have better attackers than us. 

jones   

While I don’t disagree with what is written above, I think it is fair to say that Willian still has not been used in the optimal way by us, which I consider to be 4-3-3 RW for an attacking side both playing possession and counter football. If we hire Enrique or Sarri, that is going to be exactly how we will play. He is not the first name on the team sheet for me, but a must-keep player in the squad.

Rob B   
6 minutes ago, jones said:

While I don’t disagree with what is written above, I think it is fair to say that Willian still has not been used in the optimal way by us, which I consider to be 4-3-3 RW for an attacking side both playing possession and counter football. If we hire Enrique or Sarri, that is going to be exactly how we will play. He is not the first name on the team sheet for me, but a must-keep player in the squad.

Agree.  Just for clarity, when I say improve on him, I mean in terms of first 11.  I certainly wouldn’t be in a hurry to sell him unless a silly offer came in

Sportnagberdfel: #chelseafc close to tying up big deals for European wunderboys Alexander Isak & Tobias urwoodd, willian to move in the other direction after conte outburst.  Behomoth designs on the title next season won't distract new mangere sayman from acheiving his beloved underdone targets for #chelseafc #messironaldo

10 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

That said, I'd rather see him be less of a sulky fukcer, change his poor attitude, work hard, find some consistency and fight for the team all season round - not just when it suits him. 

OK sulky because he doesnt smile but the rest I dont buy into. I would be sorry to see him go.

Where is James, it doesnt feel like the window is open unless every second post is by him quoting every twitter post as gospel truth