• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So you are quibbling over "he doesn't want/expect to be here".
I'd be surprised he hasn't got plans, but you might be right.
(my guess is the opposite - we  effectively gave him the whole club to run once Emenalo went.)

Either way it seems fair to say he has gone. 

Given the speculation over Sarri it would be corporate irresponsibility by the club not to make a counter announcement if they thought Conte will stay.  A simple hand out about RLC at the WC and attached with a quote from Conte about how he looks forward to coaching RLC next year would  do.

Yes , exactly , we cannot state he doesn't want to be here , when his own statement seems to be of the opposite opinion and that is all we have to go on. 

My personal opinion is that if he stays it should be on an three year deal , we cannot plot our future , up against it as we already are , with someone only committed to one more season .

Also , I'm quite looking forward to Sarri or Enrique now , just for the chuckles when we don't buy them appropriate players for their particular requirements .

paulw66   
4 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

Oh dear rivals signing our coveted players while our board dithers.

Another summer of desperation and sadness awaits and another season of mediocrity coming

Bad times ahead and no hope of escape from the gloom

Liverpool have signed a player.........oh my, will someone please think of the children?

3 hours ago, James Prescott said:

And I'm not even going to start on the fact that Liverpool have signed Fabinho, United are close to signing Fred, City close to Mahrez, and Arsenal have appointed a manager and are close to singing two players, and we still haven't even sorted our managerial position because of money, meaning our chances of getting any transfer business done before the WC with a shorter window have become less.

Well, you have........ 

Edited by paulw66

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes , exactly , we cannot state he doesn't want to be here , when his own statement seems to be of the opposite opinion and that is all we have to go on. 

Well even that statement can be interpreted differently as I pointed out.
And there are other statements where he implies criticism of board and quality of players which imply he is glad to be out (though I accept, not the happy guy about to take on RM or wherever).

Still after a season of hearing Conte quotes from the last days of August and January being taken out of context in every other month, it is nice to be chewing the cud over something relative fresh.

15 hours ago, synavm said:

Fabinho to Liverpool. Could have been a useful signing for us.

Fabinho would have been a brilliant signing for us. 

15 hours ago, Dingus said:

They’ve assembled a pretty decent squad over the last few years. They’ll be challenging for the league next year no doubt about it.

Yes - Fabinho and Keita. No doubt a new GK and then a few attacknig players is what I expect from them. 

15 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Will be a very useful signing for them.

Him and Keita is pretty fierce in midfield.

Liverpool and Tottenham have managed to assemble a squad on the cheap (well relatively to us, United and City) while ensuring the players they have bought has fitted the managers style and also addressed the needs of the squad. 

Roman, Buck, Tenenbaum, Granovskaia - please take note. 

4 hours ago, James Prescott said:

. He doesn't care one iota about Chelsea Football Club IMO, he just wants our money.

Any other manager would/will be the same in that respect.

14 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Liverpool and Tottenham have managed to assemble a squad on the cheap (well relatively to us, United and City) while ensuring the players they have bought has fitted the managers style and also addressed the needs of the squad. 

Roman, Buck, Tenenbaum, Granovskaia - please take note. 

Exactly what we were doing for the 4 years before we won 2 titles.  The club really know how to do this.

I'm just waiting for them to write off the old squad and start the process again.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly what we were doing for the 4 years before we won 2 titles.  The club really know how to do this.

I'm just waiting for them to write off the old squad and start the process again.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

"Meet the new squad , same as the old squad."

With apologies to Mr P Townsend 

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

"Meet the new squad , same as the old squad."

With apologies to Mr P Townsend 

And apologies from the club too I would hope.  The change in policy in 2011 and then in 2014 were quite distinct and represented a very clear strategy.  We have had a period of great success over 4 years given we are now a distant third in spending and not the money leader we were before 2011.  I have no idea why people have doubts in the club's ability to manage its large but still limited budget well again.