• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

hanuma   
dere Dayvid dayvid

Pleeze exctstep mi TRANzfer rekest.

Waine

Weird, he's never come across as especially thick to me. Aggressive, but not stupid.

So we are meant to believe the shoulder injury he got today - the same exact day we made a second bid for him - is just a coincidence? Yeah, good one United. The only pain in his shoulder is from writing the transfer request he will submit soon.

Scooba   

So we are meant to believe the shoulder injury he got today - the same exact day we made a second bid for him - is just a coincidence? Yeah, good one United. The only pain in his shoulder is from writing the transfer request he will submit soon.

Surely it's a typed request and sent via email?

Dingus   

He got the injury on Saturday during their game against Betis. Clearly the doctors took a look at him before they travelled and deemed him unfit to play.

0liver   

It's funny how for Chelsea fans Rooney obviously isn't injured but everyone immediately believed Luiz was when told so. I'm not saying it 100% isn't that way, just funny. People believe what they want to believe.

And £30m for Rooney is a joke. We obviously haven't learned a thing. Saddest part is you can see us offering more.

United got Van Persie in similar circumstances last year for around £22m, now we will probably end up paying double that for an inferior player.

Stim   

what baffles me is united playing a closed doors friendly?? What's the point of that.

0liver   

what baffles me is united playing a closed doors friendly?? What's the point of that.

Give match fitness to people who didn't travel to their tour.

paulw66   

And £30m for Rooney is a joke. We obviously haven't learned a thing. Saddest part is you can see us offering more.

United got Van Persie in similar circumstances last year for around £22m, now we will probably end up paying double that for an inferior player.

You're right we have clearly learned nothing. I mean, the last few transfer windows we've blown a fortune on older players, well past their peak.....let me think, Oscar, Hazard, Moses, de Bryne, Lukaku, Schurrle, Azpilicueta, Mata, van Ginkel to name just 9 players that are well over 12 years old.

Huge difference with RvP. He only had a year left on his contract and Arsenal dont have the financial clout to risk losing him for nothing.

0liver   

You're right we have clearly learned nothing. I mean, the last few transfer windows we've blown a fortune on older players, well past their peak.....let me think, Oscar, Hazard, Moses, de Bryne, Lukaku, Schurrle, Azpilicueta, Mata, van Ginkel to name just 9 players that are well over 12 years old.

Huge difference with RvP. He only had a year left on his contract and Arsenal dont have the financial clout to risk losing him for nothing.

Quite pathetic attempt I have to say because I'm sure you know exactly what I really meant with that sentence.

Edited by 0liver

paulw66   

Quite pathetic attempt I have to say because I'm sure you know exactly what I really meant with that sentence.

I know what you meant. I just disagree with it 100%

Since the debacle of Sheva, then Torres, the club has clearly learned a lot in my opinion because the age profile of players we have bought since then has changed dramtically. We haven't spent serious money on anyone over 23 since that January with the only exception being Mereiles, who wasnt that dear and we got most of our money back.