• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Isn't this because he doesn't need one now that he has an Israeli passport?

We can only hope !

7 minutes ago, synavm said:

Quite concerning that. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us put up for sale if the visa doesn’t materialise... I just hope it doesn’t get nasty and he doesn’t convert his shares back to debt and call in his loans. That’ll be curtains for us- unthinkable.

He owns the whole thing, it doesn't matter whether he holds it as debt or equity.
It is debt only holders fans have to worry about.  If a club is all in worth £100m, but has £50m of debt, the debt holders are quite happy to sell off £50m of core assets and leave the rest of the club without debt but worthless.  

But we have a great name, and I am sure there would be plenty of potential buyers.  Just not Russians.

7 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Isn't this because he doesn't need one now that he has an Israeli passport?

It does suggest he doesn't have much hope of getting one as a Russian.
It might mean he has given up on Britain, or it might mean he will get an investor visa as an Israeli.  Time may tell.

8 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Let us hope that it is a case of the mountain coming to Muhammad.

Hmm. My opinion is that there are two chances of that happening...

Well with the stadium now being shelved and it being clear that Roman is not welcome, I reckon this summer is all about holding on to what we have as I really cannot see us going out and replacing our players with equal quality. I reckon this may also be why Conte is still here and the players were all asking for clarification after the FA Cup Final. 

Edited by Conte Kante

1 hour ago, synavm said:

Quite concerning that. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us put up for sale if the visa doesn’t materialise... I just hope it doesn’t get nasty and he doesn’t convert his shares back to debt and call in his loans. That’ll be curtains for us- unthinkable.

If he sells, Chelsea are, in spite of last season, one of the major European clubs, so finding a buyer won't be too difficult. You never know, if we get a new owner they might employ some "football people" to run the playing side of things.

3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

You never know, if we get a new owner they might employ some "football people" to run the playing side of things.

Yeah like the City bosses who have gone through approx EUR1.5 billion acquiring players in return for 3PLs, 1FAC and 1 LC in 10 years.  Plus 1 Uefa cup QF, 1 CL QF and 1 CL Semi.

These guys really know how to get value for money.  What have we done in the last 10 years in comparison?

(I'm asking because I really have lost count!)

19 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

If he sells, Chelsea are, in spite of last season, one of the major European clubs, so finding a buyer won't be too difficult. You never know, if we get a new owner they might employ some "football people" to run the playing side of things.

Maybe ADFC will think London is a better base than Manchester. it would be really funny

Sea foot   
51 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Maybe ADFC will think London is a better base than Manchester. it would be really funny

Be careful what you wish for. 

Buy the club then move City down here. 😅