• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yeah like the City bosses who have gone through approx EUR1.5 billion acquiring players in return for 3PLs, 1FAC and 1 LC in 10 years.  Plus 1 Uefa cup QF, 1 CL QF and 1 CL Semi.

These guys really know how to get value for money.  What have we done in the last 10 years in comparison?

(I'm asking because I really have lost count!)

3 PL, 1CL, 1 EL, 4 FAC, 1 LC

23 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Maybe we should all just support Derby County next season and avoid the drama.

I'll be watching them next season with great interest.

If Lamps has any kind of success there he puts himself well in the frame for the Chelsea job when it comes up again in two or three years. Chelsea were looking at Jokanovic apparently so they aren't averse to going for managers from the Championship, clearly. Plus, it's Lampard. Chelsea legend.

TBH, I fully expect Lamps to be successful - he's very smart, a leader, a winner, works hard and has a great football brain. I wouldn't mind betting he'll be the Chelsea manager after the one who comes in this summer, whoever that is. 

paulw66   
52 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I'll be watching them next season with great interest.

If Lamps has any kind of success there he puts himself well in the frame for the Chelsea job when it comes up again in two or three years. Chelsea were looking at Jokanovic apparently so they aren't averse to going for managers from the Championship, clearly. Plus, it's Lampard. Chelsea legend.

TBH, I fully expect Lamps to be successful - he's very smart, a leader, a winner, works hard and has a great football brain. I wouldn't mind betting he'll be the Chelsea manager after the one who comes in this summer, whoever that is. 

Part of me wonders if SFL is too nice to be a top manager. Hope I am wrong, but is a nagging feeling. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Part of me wonders if SFL is too nice to be a top manager. Hope I am wrong, but is a nagging feeling. 

I think you'll find he isn't. Certainly, according to Jamie Redknapp, he isn't. 

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Same here.

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

I think you'll find he isn't. Certainly, according to Jamie Redknapp, he isn't. 

What has he said?

Certainly I can see Jamie finding Franks slightly later but much much greater success rather irritating. 

47 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Same here.

What has he said?

Certainly I can see Jamie finding Franks slightly later but much much greater success rather irritating. 

Yes, I'm sorry about this. I'm trying to re-find the link. It might have been a Sky Sports one or a Daily Mail. It was headlined Lampard is tough.

Anyway, it was nothing derogatory, quite the opposite. What he said was basically that anyone thinking Frank was Mr Nice Guy and nothing else was wrong. Very much so. His actual words were "Lampard is tough". He, (Jamie), of course knows very well how completely driven Frank was to become a player from when he was a kid and how he carried that into his career. He therefore went on to say that if he were a Derby player now he'd already go for a long run, just to get used to what will be expected.

His message was that Lampard set very high standards for himself in terms of commitment and that he felt sure he would be demanding the same from his players.

29 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Interesting POV, let's hope he's right

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44329868

Of all the people currently commenting on the situation, he's the only one that's been on the inside and likely to understand what the club may do next. If indeed we invest more heavily in players now, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, I'm sorry about this. I'm trying to re-find the link. It might have been a Sky Sports one or a Daily Mail. It was headlined Lampard is tough.

Anyway, it was nothing derogatory, quite the opposite. What he said was basically that anyone thinking Frank was Mr Nice Guy and nothing else was wrong. Very much so. His actual words were "Lampard is tough". He, (Jamie), of course knows very well how completely driven Frank was to become a player from when he was a kid and how he carried that into his career. He therefore went on to say that if he were a Derby player now he'd already go for a long run, just to get used to what will be expected.

His message was that Lampard set very high standards for himself in terms of commitment and that he felt sure he would be demanding the same from his players.

It is a very different thing demanding things from yourself, and putting in the hours / effort than it is making difficult decisions to drop people, or deal with big egos. 

In the example you give, it is one thing going on a long run, it is another to make a difficult, reluctant individual do it

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It is a very different thing demanding things from yourself, and putting in the hours / effort than it is making difficult decisions to drop people, or deal with big egos. 

In the example you give, it is one thing going on a long run, it is another to make a difficult, reluctant individual do it

Oh absolutely. I wasn't meaning to say that Frank would find the job easy. As I've said, I have no idea whether he'll be successful or not. All I was saying was that he is unlikely to fail because of being "too nice".