• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Really strange times at the club at the moment. We need a overhaul in the first team but it appears that the club is in a state of stasis. At this moment in time, I am starting to get the feeling that we may end up selling players such as Tibo and Drinkwater and replacing him with a Butland/MVG type players and then using the academy players to fill the squad. Hazard I reckon we will just about keep for one more season. However, at this rate I could see the following come KO in Aug: 

Butland, Willy, Blackman 

Dave, Luiz(?), Rudi, Cahill, Christensen, Zouma(?)

Moses, Zappa(?), Alonso, Eduardo

Kante, Baka, Cesc, MVG, RLC, Amapadu

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Mount, H-O

Morata, Giroud, Bats/Abraham

12 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Really strange times at the club at the moment.

Yes.  Of Hazard, Courtois and Kante I can see at least one, if not 2 going.  Courtois, especially on form, will be least in demand, if most willing to go.  Hazard is 27 - he either goes this summer or it is too late.  And there is little reason to hang on for the next two seasons.
But Kante will surely attract £70m+ bids.  He is 27, and whether he can still do what he does at 30 (about the earliest this squad will have been turned around enough to win stuff) is doubtful.  PSG should want him, he should want PSG (or better), and we can't use him to his full level.

So for me Kante is more likely to be going than even Hazard, and we may be stuck with Courtois for a while (sorry Mark).  Azpi will be in demand too (he'd also be the guy I'd pick as the Kante replacement).

You have 26, (assuming it is Luiz or Zouma) but 3 can't really be counted - 2 are 17, and even Mason Mount is only 19.  By all means keep him here, but he needs to be treated as a bonus player, who may contribute, but you can't plan a season  with him as a core member (in contrast to MVG who does.
Eduardo = Emerson Palmieri?

4 CBs is enough in a squad of 23
7 defenders is enough.  9 is 2 too many.
Likewise 3 AMs is way way too few - we need 6  (though I'd argue RLC is only ever going to play as AM at this level - we'll see).
We have seen just what highly rated kids contribute at PL level before - nothing. 

I think any new manager is going to demand 3 experienced AMs  and there is necessarily going to be a lot more change that we might expect.  Fotunately though, I think we have lined up the new manager  and replacements some time ago.

Jorginho would have been a great signing but looks City bound. 

However if that falls through, then we should be throwing ourselves in there without any proper safety measures.

jones   
3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Really strange times at the club at the moment. We need a overhaul in the first team but it appears that the club is in a state of stasis. At this moment in time, I am starting to get the feeling that we may end up selling players such as Tibo and Drinkwater and replacing him with a Butland/MVG type players and then using the academy players to fill the squad. Hazard I reckon we will just about keep for one more season. However, at this rate I could see the following come KO in Aug: 

Butland, Willy, Blackman 

Dave, Luiz(?), Rudi, Cahill, Christensen, Zouma(?)

Moses, Zappa(?), Alonso, Eduardo

Kante, Baka, Cesc, MVG, RLC, Amapadu

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Mount, H-O

Morata, Giroud, Bats/Abraham

Are you expeting us to play 3-4-3 when Conte is not here???

I think it's due time we realise that :

A. Conte isn't going 

B. We're not getting any new players , Drinkwater , Zappacosta , Barkley and Emerson barely featured last season so they're like four new signings .

C. If we do get new players it'll be replacements for the few quality players and Courtois we have left , for example , sell Hazard , get Martial or Bailey , sell Courtois , get Joe Hart 

30 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think it's due time we realise that :

A. Conte isn't going 

B. We're not getting any new players , Drinkwater , Zappacosta , Barkley and Emerson barely featured last season so they're like four new signings .

C. If we do get new players it'll be replacements for the few quality players and Courtois we have left , for example , sell Hazard , get Martial or Bailey , sell Courtois , get Joe Hart 

I think A & B are wrong, while on C, if some of Hazard/Azpi/Kante/Courtois go, the replacements will be younger talent rather than like for like.
And most of our deals have been done.  We have had 15 years of big announcements following press silence and no announcement following media mania.  I'm just surprised so few have noticed the pattern.

BlueFizz   
51 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think A & B are wrong, while on C, if some of Hazard/Azpi/Kante/Courtois go, the replacements will be younger talent rather than like for like.
And most of our deals have been done.  We have had 15 years of big announcements following press silence and no announcement following media mania.  I'm just surprised so few have noticed the pattern.

I don’t think Kante will go; or Azpi.

Change coach and I reckon Hazard stays too.

Courtois I’m less sure about.

As for Conte - if he’s going he’d best go soon.

Leo91   

How much is Contes release clause ?

37 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

How much is Contes release clause ?

That's an incredible gesture Leo, most appreciated.

• Haha 1

If, as widely predicted, the youth such as Loftus Cheek demand a move to Spurs City or Liverpool this summer even the happy clappys on here have to admit we are in serious trouble under this failing regime. Time for a change.  Roman/Marina out.