• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sea foot   

Under Roman's tenure, we won 5 titles in 13 years. Calling for him to go is insane imho.

3 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

If, as widely predicted, the youth such as Loftus Cheek demand a move to Spurs City or Liverpool this summer even the happy clappys on here have to admit we are in serious trouble under this failing regime. Time for a change.  Roman/Marina out.

Widely predicted by who?

xCELERYx   
11 hours ago, Leo91 said:

How much is Contes release clause ?

Doesn't have one. The club would need to pay out the remaining year on his contract (at least up until he's gets a new job), which would stand at around £9m. Plus, whatever the cost it would be to pay out his staff that will also leave. On top of the cost of hiring a new manager and replacing departed staff on top. In total, we'd be looking at around £20m+ to change manager. Probably £15m+ or so if we replace Conte with someone not already at a club and currently is unemployed. 

Holymoly   
19 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think any new manager is going to demand 3 experienced AMs  and there is necessarily going to be a lot more change that we might expect.  Fotunately though, I think we have lined up the new manager  and replacements some time ago.

Quick to assume there is going to be a new manager. The way things are going it looks more and more likely Conte will be staying unless a club is prepared to buy out his contract.

With all the uncertainty over Roman's involvement I forsee the danger of a rats deserting the sinking ship scenario, and that includes the youngsters.

20 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Quick to assume there is going to be a new manager. The way things are going it looks more and more likely Conte will be staying unless a club is prepared to buy out his contract.

With all the uncertainty over Roman's involvement I forsee the danger of a rats deserting the sinking ship scenario, and that includes the youngsters.

I'm still surprised anybody expects Conte to stay.

We are probably, almost certainly, waiting or Madrid to announce him. Something that has been on the cards for the best  part of a year.

After that we will announce our new manager. 

There really is no rush, most if players are at the world cup and very little transfer activity has taken place and won't until it has finished. 

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

I'm still surprised anybody expects Conte to stay.

Who's going to sack him? I don't think Roman cares too much about the football club at the moment.

4 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Looks less and less likely to me.
If between the day after the FA cup and now there has been no statement by the club about next years plans and Conte, it is pretty clear he is not in them.  It is not as though we have no PR department.  Silence is not an accident.
Imagine:

Conte:  "really looking forward to watching RLC in the WC this summer and already planning on how to integrate him next season".

Easiest thing in the world to do if he was staying.

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

We are probably, almost certainly, waiting or Madrid to announce him. Something that has been on the cards for the best  part of a year.

Exactly.  If he has gone to Madrid, you wouldn't expect it to have been announced till a decent interval after Zinane's "resignation".

... and if PSG went for Tuchel, you can be pretty sure that Conte has been committed to go elsewhere for a very long time

Edited by Droy was my hero

There will be no new manager until just before the start of the season - hazard will be gone probably most of the talented youth and the club will be forced to pay off a smug conte his 9 million - Avram will come in as manager at the last possible minute for a salvage operation and possibly get us to 10th trying to combine thursday night dross with a small underprepared squad relying on old chelsea hands Cahill, Crapyakoko and drinkwater.

Holymoly   

Funny how things change isn't it? A year ago we were all looking forward to a new golden age with an inventive manager in the best looking stadium in Europe. Now, after possibly the worst managed (by the board) 12 months in living memory it's beginning to look like we'll be lucky to still be in the Premier League in 5 years. The squad obviously hasn't been told what is going on, who will manage the club at the Community Shield is anyone's guess and the owner isn't allowed into the country. Unless a rabbit is pulled out of the hat pretty quick most of our top players/prospects will be off and we will be left the old and lame.

And we thought last summer was bad.

Is the sky falling or something?

What have I missed ,,will someone think of the children 

Come on chaps, no news is good news and the focus is on the W.C ATM