• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You could say the same about Neymar or Mbappe a year ago.  PSG paid £50m for Luiz even.

I'm not saying we would let him go cheap.  Just that the price PSG would be willing to pay is much more than we would be willing to turn down.

Indeed. You can get €80m for Kante and invest the money in Drinkwater and Barkley , the good thing is they've already done the hard bit and secured the replacements.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Indeed. You can get €80m for Kante and invest the money in Drinkwater and Barkley , the good thing is they've already done the hard bit and secured the replacements.

Trust me next season we will be dreaming of the halycon days of Drinkwater and Barkley in our midfield.

31 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Trust me next season we will be dreaming of the halycon days of Drinkwater and Barkley in our midfield.

Mr. Sunshine...........

Ham   
32 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Mr. Sunshine...........

The most miserable poster in the history of this site. Relentless. 

I see Sporting Lisbon have gone into some kind of meltdown with two or three players quitting , Bas Dost  amongst them.

Maybe we should be hoovering up some players from the fall out ?

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I see Sporting Lisbon have gone into some kind of meltdown with two or three players quitting , Bas Dost  amongst them.

Maybe we should be hoovering up some players from the fall out ?

Haven't been able to find much online about what it is that's happened there, only that the chairman criticised players on Twitter and then some fans caused a scene at the training ground. Or is that the sum of it?

Gut feeling is that anyone signing any of those players is setting themselves up for legal tedium. 

29 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Haven't been able to find much online about what it is that's happened there, only that the chairman criticised players on Twitter and then some fans caused a scene at the training ground. Or is that the sum of it?

Gut feeling is that anyone signing any of those players is setting themselves up for legal tedium. 

Apparently , he said " If you don't like it then terminate your contract " so four players (that I know of)  (William , Bruno , Gelson and Dost ) did just that . 

According to what I read he's been accused of physically intimidating the players by hiring thugs to beat them ( really )which would enable them legally to quit , in the same way you can dismiss someone on the spot for gross misconduct I suppose.

Reports also say they are days away from bankruptcy , their debts being more than their assets , considering the playing staff are counted as saleable assets the four of them resigning has tipped the balance somewhat.

You're right though , it is a legal minefield 

Edited by Mark Kelly

paulw66   
On 6/10/2018 at 5:48 PM, Gormangorman said:

If, as widely predicted, the youth such as Loftus Cheek demand a move to Spurs City or Liverpool this summer even the happy clappys on here have to admit we are in serious trouble under this failing regime. Time for a change.  Roman/Marina out.

Widely predicted? Go on.......I'm listening. 

21 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Funny how things change isn't it? A year ago we were all looking forward to a new golden age with an inventive manager in the best looking stadium in Europe. Now, after possibly the worst managed (by the board) 12 months in living memory it's beginning to look like we'll be lucky to still be in the Premier League in 5 years. The squad obviously hasn't been told what is going on, who will manage the club at the Community Shield is anyone's guess and the owner isn't allowed into the country. Unless a rabbit is pulled out of the hat pretty quick most of our top players/prospects will be off and we will be left the old and lame.

And we thought last summer was bad.

Lucky to be in the PL..........my God. You don't honestly believe what you type, surely? We had a horror year a couple of years ago and finished 10th. We have won 2 out of the last 3 PL titles. 

Our owner is allowed into the country BTW. Read the news. 

12 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

I am not even sure that makes any sense. 

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Widely predicted? Go on.......I'm listening. 

Lucky to be in the PL..........my God. You don't honestly believe what you type, surely? We had a horror year a couple of years ago and finished 10th. We have won 2 out of the last 3 PL titles. 

Our owner is allowed into the country BTW. Read the news. 

I am not even sure that makes any sense. 

I've given up reading certain posters as all they manage to do is invent the absolute worst of worse-case scenarios and then post as if their febrile imaginings are actually happening. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

• Like 1

Ham   

Stefan Savic anyone? First proper rumour of the summer. Wasn't impressed by him at City but wonder if anyone on here has followed him at Atletico.