• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   

meh. I'm more than happy with what we have tbh. Luiz, Cahill, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpi. If one of them leaves then fair enough as a replacement. 

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, Leo91 said:

meh. I'm more than happy with what we have tbh. Luiz, Cahill, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpi. If one of them leaves then fair enough as a replacement. 

Cahill and Luiz are both 30+. Luiz in a back four has always been somewhat indifferent. Zouma hasn't kicked on from the promise he showed initially, while severely lacks technical skills on the ball. Azpilicueta is unlikely to play as a CB in a back four and will likely end up back at fullback. Christensen probably isn't quite there yet to be first choice, although he'll play a significant number of games. With Rudiger the only other real candidate, even then he's always looked more comfortable and performed better in a back three than a back four. 

IMO there's still gaps, a lack of leadership and no real CB pairing that truly instils confidence that compliments each player. Zouma is the most expendable currently, followed by Luiz and then Cahill. Not enough there to really build on longer term. So I can see why another good quality CB is seemingly being linked. 

47 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Cahill and Luiz are both 30+. Luiz in a back four has always been somewhat indifferent. Zouma hasn't kicked on from the promise he showed initially, while severely lacks technical skills on the ball. Azpilicueta is unlikely to play as a CB in a back four and will likely end up back at fullback. Christensen probably isn't quite there yet to be first choice, although he'll play a significant number of games. With Rudiger the only other real candidate, even then he's always looked more comfortable and performed better in a back three than a back four. 

IMO there's still gaps, a lack of leadership and no real CB pairing that truly instils confidence that compliments each player. Zouma is the most expendable currently, followed by Luiz and then Cahill. Not enough there to really build on longer term. So I can see why another good quality CB is seemingly being linked. 

Miazaga & Hector are CB at the club

Christensen is more than ready for the 1st team. I would rather him than Stones. 

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Miazaga & Hector are CB at the club

Christensen is more than ready for the 1st team. I would rather him than Stones. 

I doubt the first two will actually be a part of any first team beyond fringe depth. 

Christensen is ready, although I think last season showed he's still got some improvements to make before he's a genuine locked in starter. That will come in time and experience though. 

bert19   
6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I doubt the first two will actually be a part of any first team beyond fringe depth. 

Christensen is ready, although I think last season showed he's still got some improvements to make before he's a genuine locked in starter. That will come in time and experience though. 

Might have also been beneficial to him if he defects and mistakes had been worked on rather than re-occurring and then being dropped.  But that seemed to be Conte's way last season tbh.  No player that struggled for form ever really made a comeback.  They were just allowed to flounder and largely used less.  Apart from Morata.  His mediocrity was frequent. 

Not too sure on Savic.  He looked pretty bad at City (albeit without much guidance around him), has evidently been decent enough at Atletico.  Not sure why they'd want to sell the only part of their back four under 30 either? 

Edited by bert19
Added an actual comment about Savic

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Not too sure on Savic.  He looked pretty bad at City (albeit without much guidance around him), has evidently been decent enough at Atletico.  Not sure why they'd want to sell the only part of their back four under 30 either? 

TBF, he was only 20 when he signed for City. Not many top clubs have 20 year old centre halves. They have wasted a lot of dough on centre backs since his departure. 

Edit - not saying I want to sign him though. If a new coach plays a back 4, we have Rudiger, Zouma, Cahill, Christensen and Luiz already (presuming Azpi plays RB) so 5 centre backs..... the out tray in that position needs attention. 

Edited by paulw66

10 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Cahill and Luiz are both 30+. Luiz in a back four has always been somewhat indifferent. Zouma hasn't kicked on from the promise he showed initially, while severely lacks technical skills on the ball.

Nevertheless, a back 4 is absolutely the least of our problems going into next season.
7 out of the 8 have been brought in under the personal care of our superb manager.  He made the 8th captain.
If the back 4 is an issue we really have been left in the deep...

Edited by Droy was my hero

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nevertheless, a back 4 is absolutely the least of our problems going into next season.

This, in a nutshell. 

Jack Grealish the latest name to be linked. £30m. 

With the added twist of us being open to loan him back to Villa once the transfer has gone through.

TeamTALK being the source. 

5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Jack Grealish the latest name to be linked. £30m. 

With the added twist of us being open to loan him back to Villa once the transfer has gone through.

TeamTALK being the source. 

I really like Grealish but sod me , what is the point of spending another chunk of money on a farming project when we need players now ? 

• Like 1