• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, paulw66 said:

Ideal signing. Plays out wide and through the middle Young, very fast. 

Absolutely.  I still think he'd make a better striker than a winger, always have done, but I'm probably wrong as he never gets a look in there.

I certainly think he could do it here, in a really flexible front 3 with Hazard and Willian all interchangeable. 

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Martial wants to leave United.

I and a few others have wanted him for a while and were saying last summer we should be all over him if and when he leaves. I can't think of many better players we could realistically sign this summer.

Could see him ending up at Tottenham unfortunately.  

Well, if he ends up here , I think we can guarantee Willian will be going in the opposite direction. One in , one out .

47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Apparently JT has turned him around. There was an interview where Grealish said that working with JT day in day out has made him realise what it takes to succeed. Said it has changed his life / outlook on football

I think that is just football speak.  They all say that kind of thing.  Though admittedly getting older tends to help too.

48 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Ideal signing. Plays out wide and through the middle Young, very fast. 

Agree - Martial would be a good buy.

synavm   

What exactly are our board doing? No news on manager, no news on structure/DoF, no sign of new players. We're at a cross roads at the moment and it's vital we get this right. 

4 minutes ago, synavm said:

What exactly are our board doing? No news on manager, no news on structure/DoF, no sign of new players. We're at a cross roads at the moment and it's vital we get this right. 

From what I've read , Roman is in Israel and Marina is in Russia. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

From what I've read , Roman is in Israel and Marina is in Russia. 

I understood that Marina was due back from Russia a couple of days ago. Anyway, not that where they are matters a whole lot these days, what with email, instant messaging, skype etc.

Kezza   
On 6/14/2018 at 4:43 PM, Martin1905 said:

Absolutely.  I still think he'd make a better striker than a winger, always have done, but I'm probably wrong as he never gets a look in there.

I certainly think he could do it here, in a really flexible front 3 with Hazard and Willian all interchangeable. 

Always better as a striker. LVG used him there to better effect than Mou did. His main strength seems to be his composure when finishing. Something our attackers seriously lack.

Kezza   

Hopefully we are going for Seri so never have to see Baka play again.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:09 AM, synavm said:

Potentially they are being very sensible and taking time to get a plan for the summer right. The manager situation isn't helping, but I think the club are currently working hard to minimise the financial outlay of changing managers.

Players unlikely to be announced before manager is announced as then it looks like the new manager has no say in who is in his squad.

That's my positive spin anyway. Fingers crossed!

Ham   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Potentially they are being very sensible and taking time to get a plan for the summer right. The manager situation isn't helping, but I think the club are currently working hard to minimise the financial outlay of changing managers.

Players unlikely to be announced before manager is announced as then it looks like the new manager has no say in who is in his squad.

That's my positive spin anyway. Fingers crossed!

I hope you're right. I'm hoping that we know for a fact that Sarri is joining (subject to how much that will cost) and that he has told us exactly who he wants to play a certain formation and they they're all agreed and will be completed after he signs to make it look like they're his choices. 

Also, and if everything is virtually done I'd imagine that certain players would have been told, to assure them, such as Hazard.

We still have a decent squad, maybe not nearly as good as city but a new manager, formation and ethos might just get a tune out of this lot and they'll know that.

#positivity

Edited by Ham
  • Like 1