• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

I find that logic slightly bizarre. Is there any evidence that City and Manure are going to conquer all in front of them for season to come. 

IMO and I will quote Jessie J “it’s not about the money money money”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I find that logic slightly bizarre. Is there any evidence that City and Manure are going to conquer all in front of them for season to come. 

It's not bizarre, just realistic.  We have had our team torn apart over the past two seasons and replaced them with some garbage. We have 3 or 4 key players that are 30+ and will need replacing in the next two years. We do not spend anywhere near the money of either Manchester club. 

I don't see how anyone can expect us to realistically compete with them any time soon. We are battling for top 4, it's where we are unless we spend an absolute fortune and that's just not going to happen. The next few transfer windows are about building something for 3 years time and then winning the league. The most important part is an immediate return to champions league football.

Do you need any more evidence than last season to see how hard City will be to beat?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jones   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

It's not bizarre, just realistic.  We have had our team torn apart over the past two seasons and replaced them with some garbage. We have 3 or 4 key players that are 30+ and will need replacing in the next two years. We do not spend anywhere near the money of either Manchester club. 

I don't see how anyone can expect us to realistically compete with them any time soon. We are battling for top 4, it's where we are unless we spend an absolute fortune and that's just not going to happen. The next few transfer windows are about building something for 3 years time and then winning the league. The most important part is an immediate return to champions league football.

Do you need any more evidence than last season to see how hard City will be to beat?

 

Yeah, I think the only asset we have that is better than our competitors is the academy. History has shown how little the club has cared making that asset count (hence managers have not cared). Make it a strategic priority to utilize it, and it may actually increase our competitiveness. Actually at a point where it can make a difference. CHO, RCL, Mount, James etc, all of them are at a development curve that can make them out to be 40-60mp players. That again will help us form another asset we are currently lacking, and that is very difficult to obtain with buying players: culture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5854281/Manchester-United--60m-bid-Chelsea-star-Willian.html

 

So Willian to Manu is expected to go through in the very near future.

Quotes: Chelsea and Brazil star Willian is keen to exit his Stamford Bridge 'hell' after being poorly treated by current blues boss Conte and is 'keen' to reunite with his former boss Mourinho who he sees as a mentor.

Chelsea had enquired about reinvesting the purported £60million transfer winfall on want a way United forward Anthony Martial but have cooled their interest in the France ace and are not expected to make any major additions to their squad, with a Chelsea spokesperson quoted as saying, 'we believe the manager has more than enough to work with to acheive our goals for the coming season.'

 

interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5854281/Manchester-United--60m-bid-Chelsea-star-Willian.html

 

So Willian to Manu is expected to go through in the very near future.

Quotes: Chelsea and Brazil star Willian is keen to exit his Stamford Bridge 'hell' after being poorly treated by current blues boss Conte and is 'keen' to reunite with his former boss Mourinho who he sees as a mentor.

Chelsea had enquired about reinvesting the purported £60million transfer winfall on want a way United forward Anthony Martial but have cooled their interest in the France ace and are not expected to make any major additions to their squad, with a Chelsea spokesperson quoted as saying, 'we believe the manager has more than enough to work with to acheive our goals for the coming season.'

 

interesting

This one has been doing the rounds for donkeys years , £60m for a 29 year old could be looked at as good business for the club in terms of making money but we are crying out for more players of the quality of Willian , not less , if as is suspected we do hire Sarri , quite how we can play a season of football in his preferred formation of 4-3-3 without adding to our miniscule selection of Am's is beyond me . I suppose we can count Barkley and RLC as AM's to add to Pedro and Hazard but that still leaves us short if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5854281/Manchester-United--60m-bid-Chelsea-star-Willian.html

 

So Willian to Manu is expected to go through in the very near future.

Quotes: Chelsea and Brazil star Willian is keen to exit his Stamford Bridge 'hell' after being poorly treated by current blues boss Conte and is 'keen' to reunite with his former boss Mourinho who he sees as a mentor.

Chelsea had enquired about reinvesting the purported £60million transfer winfall on want a way United forward Anthony Martial but have cooled their interest in the France ace and are not expected to make any major additions to their squad, with a Chelsea spokesperson quoted as saying, 'we believe the manager has more than enough to work with to acheive our goals for the coming season.'

 

interesting

Those 'quotes' aren't in the article at all, you literally made that up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jones   

Selling Willian to United, even for 60m, would be one of the silliest things we could be doing. 1, Strengthening a competitor. 2, Disposing a quality player that needs to be replaced by at least a 60mp outlay. 3, Taking away players' player of the season from the dressing room will not be popular, also worth to consider Willian and Hazard has a very good relationship. 

Imo it is fundamental we keep a player like Willian. He is truly world-class, very hard to replace, and will enjoy playing under a more attack oriented manager like Sarri. He was also, despite the suffering, our most influential AM last season, with a goal or assist every 122 minutes. Key player next season.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A year, maybe two or three, ago I could see the sense in this deal. £60m would get two, maybe three, decent young attacking players. Now you'd be lucky if it got you a like-for-like replacement.

I suspect Willian has gone, and it'd be hard to argue with him based on last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, etc, but for £60m he can go - it will be like selling United a ceiling that will keep them below what they need to be a title winning team.

Said it for years, we need a more decisive, productive player to carry our attack - an equal to Hazard. Willian isn't that.

Sell him, invest in someone world class, and let Hudson-Odoi pick up the spare minutes around him because he looks gifted.

--

Better still, getting Martial in a kind of swap deal for WIllian (with a bit of cash thrown in from our side) would be definitely worth doing.

Edited by Box of Tricks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holymoly   
12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

A year, maybe two or three, ago I could see the sense in this deal. £60m would get two, maybe three, decent young attacking players. Now you'd be lucky if it got you a like-for-like replacement.

I suspect Willian has gone, and it'd be hard to argue with him based on last season.

I think it's sensible business for a club sliding into mid table mediocrity to divest itself of its highly priced stars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now