• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

32 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Someone like Michael Emelano you mean?

Technical director from 2011-17.  Fantastic record.  

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

Sorry but £60m for Willian is money you do not turn down. It is a bit like how we tried to sign Rooney in 2013; Utd should have taken the money as his physical state droped off quickly. Willian for me is a similar player, highly gifted but relies on his athleticism that he has naturally and does not work on in the gym/through a rigourous fitness regime. For me when the end comes for Willian it will happen swiftly and it is likely he is quickly approaching that moment.

That said, his leaving would create problems of who we replace him with. The 'cleanest' would be a swap involving Martial. However, I find him too much of a confidence player which makes me wary of him coming here for top dollar. Players in AM I would personally like would be Zaha (love his physicality), Bailey (exciting), Pulisic (a lot of potential) or Thauvin/Depay (both of these players were amazing in Ligue 1 last season and have some experience of the EPL - could see one of them pulling a Salah.)

We could also move away from needing to utilise attacking midfielders and split the difference between additional strikers and central midfielders. 

Would be nice seeing us play with two genuine strikers together more regularly. 

Sea foot   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I was always fairly happy with Emenalo! 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Technical director from 2011-17.  Fantastic record.  

Zackly.

Sea foot   

I find it a bit amusing that we get calls to get the next big thing early but then lack the patience when we do.

A lot of Sarri/Chelsea stories about today, and from the looks of it, virtually every paper is putting their faith in "Calcio Napoli 24". Whatever the hell that is...

Just now, Box of Tricks said:

A lot of Sarri/Chelsea stories about today, and from the looks of it, virtually every paper is putting their faith in "Calcio Napoli 24". Whatever the hell that is...

All written with the expectation of being run alongside an actual announcement I guess.

As I said a few days ago, it was so probable by Friday that if it wasn't announced by Monday the club would either delay it, or maybe even it won't happen.  The club really does not like the press to guess things right.  (Or expect a massive rumour something else will happen and Sarri being announced right in the middle of it).

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

All written with the expectation of being run alongside an actual announcement I guess.

As I said a few days ago, it was so probable by Friday that if it wasn't announced by Monday the club would either delay it, or maybe even it won't happen.  The club really does not like the press to guess things right.  (Or expect a massive rumour something else will happen and Sarri being announced right in the middle of it).

They must have really enjoyed the last month then.

Leo91   

Wouldn't be the worst signing in the world. Better than Drinkwater.