• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Rob B   
19 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Hopefully, very slim. Wilshire is out injured more than Barkley (and that's saying something!). A crock.

True - I’m intrigued how much of this is down to the Arsenal medical team (who don’t have a great record) and how much is down to Wilshere, genetics etc.

Would probably take him on a free tbh.  Even alludes to accepting reduced wages. Whether he’d be happy with a role I’d be willing to give him is another thing entirely 

Ham   
20 minutes ago, Rob B said:

True - I’m intrigued how much of this is down to the Arsenal medical team (who don’t have a great record) and how much is down to Wilshere, genetics etc.

Would probably take him on a free tbh.  Even alludes to accepting reduced wages. Whether he’d be happy with a role I’d be willing to give him is another thing entirely 

A few of his injuries were the result of him throwing himself into 30/70 challenges.  He's not very bright in that respect.  

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

It's Wilshire - he was exactly the same on loan at Bournemouth. A waste of space.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Would probably take him on a free tbh.

To me, that would simply compound our original error of signing Barkley - another serial crock.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Even alludes to accepting reduced wages. 

Yes, and still Arsenal wouldn't re-sign him! Surely we've got to be better than Wilshire?

8 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Nailed on. English , finished , injured, cheap , Bingo.

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

I know a little about this , from a pal of mine who has , shall we say , connections at the club still .

Jack Wilshire has  bandy legs , couldn't catch a pig in a passage , this leads to a greater force being placed on his ankles than is normal , which would be fine if you weren't a footballer , however in Jack's case this leads to ankle strain after ankle strain , there is nothing they can do about it , it's genetics.

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I know a little about this , from a pal of mine who has , shall we say , connections at the club still .

Jack Wilshire has  bandy legs , couldn't catch a pig in a passage , this leads to a greater force being placed on his ankles than is normal , which would be fine if you weren't a footballer , however in Jack's case this leads to ankle strain after ankle strain , there is nothing they can do about it , it's genetics.

Bad career choice. Should have become a jockey.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

I would as well. Given the state of our midfield, Wilshere would be our CM3 by just joining, moving ahead of both Baka and Drinkwater. But I can certainly understand that people would prefer better options. But he'd be an improvement on what we currently have - no doubt.

8 hours ago, jones said:

Mason Mount and RLC is better. Wilshere would be a waste of space.

Neither play in his natural position, nor are they anywhere close to have achieved what Wilshere has in the game. Time will tell, but I wouldn't say they are there yet.

Wilshire obviously has some talent .

However his main one appears to be , pick up the ball , run as fast as you can towards the opposition , run straight into a player twice your size in the hope of winning a free kick , lose the ball and snap your own ankle.