• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I do not buy the Huguain rumours as I just cannot see us breaking with our transfer policy of the last ten years and blowing £50m+ on a 30, soon to be 31 year old. For me, if we are buying a CF it will be a Icardi/Immobile type or if we do go older then someone like Merten's who is likely to be a lot cheaper. Personally, I think we will see Morata here next season as I could see the club thinking he will be better next season. 

I hope you're right. I'm certain Morata will be more ready for opposition CBs next season and if he is, £56m on a 25 year old makes more sense that £53m on a 31 year old.

Is Higuain £56M better than Giroud? The big Frenchman is showing how useful he can be if you get enough quick, quality forwards playing off him. I think he'll get another year's contract dyring the season. We don't need another target man, we need more attacking midfielders. 

Plus a deep central midfielder.

Higuain isn't the answer to our Morata woes...

Neither cut the mustard. Giroud more effective than either.

Higuain is class.

Has a record of a goal every other game in over 500 games.

His is far, far better than what we currently have. No question  about it. The only downside is his age.

Torres, Shevchenko, Falcao....names to whet the appetite with a goal record to match.

Not being facetious but I do believe a Higuain signing would mimic their respective tenures more than a Costa or Drogba. 

But then again it's all about opinions. FWIW I'd still take my chances with Belotti should Sarri (if he ever gets here) dip into the Italian market. 

JaneB   
3 hours ago, chara said:

OK lost first reply!..... I think we should look for a less attractive backup just in case!!!!

??????

Heurelho Gomes?

jones   

Regarding Morata. Go on YouTube. Watch Mertens and Higuain’s goals under Sarri. Usually 1 v 1 situtions, tight angles, precise finishing. Then look at Morata’s miss compilation from last year. And then do the math. It is not because of a bad season, and things will be better. He lacks both ability and mentality in those situations. Imo, even Batshuayi is a better option.

Even if 53mp for a 30 is unsustianable for a club like ours, I consider it irrelevant compared to the total transfer window investment. The main thing is to strengthen the squad and to do it in a financially compliant and sustainable way; if one of those transfers have no resale value is less important. 

And imo it is possible to do a major upgrades at low cost.

If we can get close to 100m for Morata and Batshuayi, that will fund Higuain and Kovacic (at rumoured prices), just to put things into perspective.

Drinkwater can fund Golovin at 25mp.

Luiz and Zappacosta can fund Rugani at 30mp.

Martial or another AM at 60mp will be funded by Willian, but I remain hopeful we keep him and instead sell Pedro, Kenedy, van Ginkel, Barkley and Baba Rahman)

Alisson will likely cost 20m more than Courtois, but if we sell loan players like Kalas, Piazon, Pasalic etc that can help close the gap and let us break even.

Result will have been a major squad rebuild, replacing deadweight with top quality and younger, hungry players. Plus a squad very much capable of playing the manager’s system:

1 Alisson, Caballero, Blackman

2 Azpi, Moses, (Rudiger)

6 Christensen, Rugani

5 Rudiger, Cahill 

3 Emerson, Alonso, (Azpilicueta)

8 Kanté, Bakayoko, (Loftus-Cheek)

4 Kovacic, Fabregas, (Golovin)

7 Loftus Cheek, Golovin, (Bakayoko/Fabregas)

11 Martial, Willian, (Moses)

9 Higuain, Giroud, (Martial)

10 Hazard, Hudson-Odoi, (Golovin)

https://www.juvefc.com/higuain-agent-I-see-no-real-chance-of-gonzalo-leaving/

His agent suggesting there's no bid and he is happy at Juve. Must be recent as he is discussing their supposed move for Ronaldo (most likely put out by Real to gauge fan reaction to him leaving and see what bids they might get for him)

Edited by Lump Of Celery

jones   
32 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Is Higuain £56M better than Giroud? The big Frenchman is showing how useful he can be if you get enough quick, quality forwards playing off him. I think he'll get another year's contract dyring the season. We don't need another target man, we need more attacking midfielders. 

Plus a deep central midfielder.

It is less about being good and more about being a fit for our system. Surprised to see opinions like this.