• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
17 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

The latest is that he's already back in Milan. 

Some are saying he flew to London, completed the deal and them fly straight back to Milan.

Others are claiming he went straight to Milan and will fly to London in the morning.

Are some saying he flew to Manchester?

jones   
16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nonsense.  Stoke paid £7m + another say £3m wages for 1 year of an not definitely fit Zouma.
Who are you kidding?

Musonda is barely worth £5m for life, but to train him and get no option value out of him, Celtic surely needed paying.  (Unless it includes a cheap purchase option).

These numbers are created by a few idiots that think they can play FD 2019, and start with ludicrous assumptions of what loan fees are and use them to create FD models which prove their point.  They are neither credible in themselves, nor are they credibly sourced.

I am just quoting some usually quite credible sources. And to be fair, usually a little bit more credible than the ones you find in your fantasy world. And where do you think the information about transfer and loan fees come from? Do you think that the sources behind transfer fees are from within the clubs, while in the case of loan fees then there are a few idiots (as you say) that make up numbers? That would be a remarkable phenomenon.

Zouma was in high demand that summer, both Sevilla and Fiorentina was after him if I remember correctly. What other chance than paying a premium did Stoke have of getting him ? Musonda too had a lot of suitors in January (probably not so many right now), and Celtic needed to strengthen before the EL knockout stages. Even if you think these prices are high does not mean they are not correct. 

Stoke overpaid for Zouma, yes. But we overpaid for Drinkwater, Bakayoko ++. Desperate times call for desperate measures. It happens all the time.

2 hours ago, jones said:

I am just quoting some usually quite credible sources. And to be fair, usually a little bit more credible than the ones you find in your fantasy world. And where do you think the information about transfer and loan fees come from? Do you think that the sources behind transfer fees are from within the clubs, while in the case of loan fees then there are a few idiots (as you say) that make up numbers? That would be a remarkable phenomenon.

£7m + wages for 12 months of Zouma who had one full 90 mins the previous season and with no ownership rights is not credible.  If you believe it, it says as much about you as your sources.

Same for Musonda.  

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

£7m + wages for 12 months of Zouma who had one full 90 mins the previous season and with no ownership rights is not credible.  If you believe it, it says as much about you as your sources.

Same for Musonda.  

If you google it, there are a few sources that quote a £7m loan fee. You don't want to believe it, so you dismiss it. It is a tactic you have used often this forum, dismissing a source because it doesn't back up your opinion. 

I think £7m is credible in this market.  If you read the direct quotes from Mark Hughes, he says that he views Zouma as a 35m - 40m defender, which they can't afford to pay, but the loan system allows them to borrow him. With the recent increases in TV, and in a world where the bottom half PL teams are buying players for £25m - £30m, then £7m doesn't seem unbelievable at all. 

Not that I can prove exaclty what they paid, in the same way you cannot prove they didn't.  

jones   
9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If you google it, there are a few sources that quote a £7m loan fee. You don't want to believe it, so you dismiss it. It is a tactic you have used often this forum, dismissing a source because it doesn't back up your opinion. 

I think £7m is credible in this market.  If you read the direct quotes from Mark Hughes, he says that he views Zouma as a 35m - 40m defender, which they can't afford to pay, but the loan system allows them to borrow him. With the recent increases in TV, and in a world where the bottom half PL teams are buying players for £25m - £30m, then £7m doesn't seem unbelievable at all. 

Not that I can prove exaclty what they paid, in the same way you cannot prove they didn't.  

Exactly.

Holymoly   

More stories/rumours on leavers than joiners. I've now gone beyond frustration and am now at resignation.

JaneB   

Kenedy back on loan to Newcastle

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I dismiss it, you believe it.  Believing the incredible also seems to be a tactic people adopt on this site in order to make points.  
Works out at about £250k a game for Zouma.  Lucky he stayed fit I guess.