• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Indeed... this is how it should read:

“Honestly, I will go on holiday and ask myself the right questions. After six wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different. I can decide if I want to stay or go, but Chelsea will make the final decision if they want to let me go. For my career, certainly after this World Cup, I’m at a moment where I might change. We all know that I’ve always felt well at Chelsea, so … I’ve been linked to all the big clubs. Next week it will be Bayern. No, I’m joking. You all know my preferred destination.”

Still the quote of a guy who sounds very likely to leave IMO. 

In anycase, I am not so sure we should stand in his way or Courtois’. They are both good players, both should stay preferably, but neither are irreplaceable IMO. 

Obviously the time isn’t right for us because it’s very close to the start of the season, but there are still options out there on the market like Zaha and Bailey and I am sure if reinvested properly we would be ok.

Hazard is at the peak of his career but he isn’t even the best player in the Belgium team so I really can’t see how he would be the best in the league or a “Ronaldo replacement” for Real Madrid. Hazard never overcame his inconsistency infront of goal and it is bizarre why RM would buy another player so similar to Isco for so much money.

JaneB   
27 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Still the quote of a guy who sounds very likely to leave IMO. 

In anycase, I am not so sure we should stand in his way or Courtois’. They are both good players, both should stay preferably, but neither are irreplaceable IMO. 

Courtois is certainly replaceable but Hazard on a good day, and I understand there might not be enough of those, is sublime.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Courtois is certainly replaceable but Hazard on a good day, and I understand there might not be enough of those, is sublime.

I think Hazard, in any meaningful sense, does not have many bad days. He is an exquisite footballer. He doesn't score like a GOAT but then few do and it's not really the job we've asked of him. 

I understand and to some extent agree with the pragmatism of selling him, but would hugely miss watching him. 

14 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I understand and to some extent agree with the pragmatism of selling him, but would hugely miss watching him. 

Particularly when we appear to finally have a coach who is truly on his wave length , it could be amazing.

Losing Hazard would be like losing Zola or Robben. Hard to imagine life without them but then you always find someone just as good, or ‘different’ good.

at the moment, if Hazard isn’t firing we look quite an ordinary team. Perhaps it will free us up to be a bit more versatile? 

Ham   
11 minutes ago, bluecueball said:

Losing Hazard would be like losing Zola or Robben. Hard to imagine life without them but then you always find someone just as good, or ‘different’ good.

at the moment, if Hazard isn’t firing we look quite an ordinary team. Perhaps it will free us up to be a bit more versatile? 

Look at Liverpool post-Coutinho. 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I think Hazard, in any meaningful sense, does not have many bad days. He is an exquisite footballer. He doesn't score like a GOAT but then few do and it's not really the job we've asked of him. 

Indeed and because of that I just feel we should do anything and everything to always have him in the team. 

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Look at Liverpool post-Coutinho. 

Exactly. I’m become a bit more philosophical in recent years and, really, I will always enjoy following us no matter how good the side is. It’s a joy to watch the likes of Hazard, but ultimately no player is bigger than the club and if he wants to go then we should let him. I only want players who want to play for us.

I mean, If we go and sign Dybala and Insigne and play them off Higuain is anyone going to be complaining? 

Leo91   

There will always be exceptional talent not yet picked up by the big clubs looking to make the next step up. We just have to hope we choose the right one once again.