• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

That's always been the trouble with Martinez , he thinks he's relevant.

6 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

£45m is too steep, at €40m I thought he was an ok signing but one that we were paying the going rate for. £45m is too much. That said, this transfer could just be speculation with the Italian press putting 2 and 2 together.

One must remember that the British press generally have difficulty with prices... if an article in Europe shows a price in € they'll just put a £ sign instead rather than work out a correct price based on exchange rates.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That's always been the trouble with Martinez , he thinks he's relevant.

Something about him I cannot stand. A lot of my non Chelsea supporting mates don't understand when I  say this, but my Chelsea lot do...........must have been something that happened in the Everton games, but I just think he is a little weasel. The fact he is getting praise for taking an extremely talented side to 3rd place in the WC is gauling 

20 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Something about him I cannot stand. A lot of my non Chelsea supporting mates don't understand when I  say this, but my Chelsea lot do...........must have been something that happened in the Everton games, but I just think he is a little weasel. The fact he is getting praise for taking an extremely talented side to 3rd place in the WC is gauling 

I think it was related to transfers he refused to sell despite us having sold to him....Can remember who though.

2 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I think it was related to transfers he refused to sell despite us having sold to him....Can remember who though.

Stones

synavm   

I think if Rugani is coming in and starts, Zappacosta also starts. As stated it's a coin toss between Zappacosta and Moses, but I think Rugani will communicate better with Zappacosta and settle better as a result. I can see this being the plan knowing roughly how Sarri sets up:

-----------------------------Courtois---------------------------

Zappacosta----Rugani------Azpilicueta---Alonso

---------------------------Jorginho----------------------------

--------------------Kante----------Fabregas-------------

----Willian--------------------------------------------Hazard

----------------------------Morata-----------------------------

Of those positions, I think we could look to build on Fabregas and Morata's places in the team - we have options in both positions, but there are probably improvements available. That third Midfield spot in particular would be better in the hands of a box-to-box type of player - RLC/Barkley can do this, but are they good enough?

Edited by synavm

11 minutes ago, synavm said:

I think if Rugani is coming in and starts, Zappacosta also starts. As stated it's a coin toss between Zappacosta and Moses, but I think Rugani will communicate better with Zappacosta and settle better as a result. I can see this being the plan knowing roughly how Sarri sets up:

Of those positions, I think we could look to build on Fabregas and Morata's places in the team - we have options in both positions, but there are probably improvements available. That third Midfield spot in particular would be better in the hands of a box-to-box type of player - RLC/Barkley can do this, but are they good enough?

Azpi as the LCB in a back four... that's very 'courageous' (as Sir Humphrey would say)

12 minutes ago, synavm said:

I really do not see Dave starting as a CB next year. A high defensive line at 5'9/10" is surely not a good idea in the PL and doubly so as he is not particularly quick and would be flanked by Alonso. For me Rudiger/Christensen start at CB and Dave is the RB.

After that, I agree No.8 is indeed the area that needs most improvement as it is so pivotal in a 433. For me it will be Golovin backed by RLC, although if the SMS rumours can be believed it may be him and RLC....hence why Monaco think they have a chance at Golovin? As for Cesc I see him being Jorginho deputy. 

At AM I think we have a few issues. First is are Willian and Hazard still going to be here? I personally think Hazard will be, even if it is only for next year. Willian I reckon will be gone if an offer of £50m+ upfront comes in. In that situation we needed at a starting quality AM, as that would leave us with Hazard and a New AM as starters and Barkley, Pedro and H-O as back-up. 

As for Morata I think he stays. Only question for me at CF is if we will bring Bats or Tammy into the fold for this year or sell/loan them. I do not buy the Higuian rumours at all too much money for a 30 y/o. Only way that deal happens is if we can find some sort of Falcao agreement. 

2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Can't help but feel Zouma is on borrowed time. With a lot of sides focusing on playing out from the back Zouma stands out like a sore thumb. He lacks the technical abilities on the ball to really contribute in such a system and his passing completion rate highlights this - 78.3% last season at Stoke and about an 80% rate during his time at Chelsea. Cahill, who often gets shat on for his ball playing ability completed 89% of his passes last season, and is around an 88-89% rate for his career at Chelsea. 

I agree apart from the stats.  We all know where most of Cahills 49.5 passes a game went last season.  And we can guess where Zouma's 30 were aimed at too.

And it is mis-passes that we should worry about.  Cahill missed roughly 5.5 a game.  Zouma missed about 6.5.
Still I don't want Zouma this season, mostly because while he may improve it will be 5 or 6 years before he peaks as a CB (now 23).  I am all for spending a couple of years rebuilding, but not that long.

gtiboy   
1 hour ago, synavm said:

I don't think Zappacosta will be at Chelsea when the seasons starts, wasn't good enough last season. and Azpilicueta will no doubt revert back to right back. That's why we're in for another center back to partner Rudiger, I'd like to see Koulibaly at Chelsea

Edited by gtiboy