• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

bert19   
19 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Alisson to Liverpool done for £67m subject to medical according to sky sports.

Massively overpriced and glad we didn't go anywhere near him. 

I bet most hadn't even heard of him 12 months ago.

I'd settle for selling Courtois and bringing in Butland as no. 1 with Cech as no. 2.  Sounds reasonably doable as well.  

bert19   
5 minutes ago, JamesEsquire said:

I feel like Donnarumma has more upside anyway if we can pull that one off

Or even bringing him in with an experienced older goalie (not Caballero) as no2. 

Ham   

Given that they'll line up with the world's most expensive goalkeeper and defender, I don't want to ever hear a dipper mention buying titles again. 

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Given that they'll line up with the world's most expensive goalkeeper and defender, I don't want to ever hear a dipper mention buying titles again. 

When Klopp arrived he said he wasn't a chequebook manager.......... 

synavm   
6 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Or even bringing him in with an experienced older goalie (not Caballero) as no2. 

Donarumma (1st choice), Cech (2nd choice/mentor) would be the ideal IMO. 

Edited by synavm

bert19   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

They've spent over £200m in 6 months.  But no one journos will mention that when they're using spending as a stick to beat us & City with. 

I'm also assuming that they never, ever spent a penny on any players when they were dominant in the 70s & 80s and that all of their talent were born and bred within a mile of Anfield.  Even Kenny Dalglish. 

Edited by bert19

Butland probably makes the most sense seeing as Stoke were relegated he should be very obtainable, probably good enough keeper for top 4, frees up another foreign spot too. If he doesn't work out can probably recoup or take a small hit. Donarumma would be top of my list but really depends on price, Morata could be used as a makeweoght but tempted to give him another season. Doubling the record for a keeper on a one season wonder is obscene.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Alisson to Liverpool done for £67m subject to medical according to sky sports.

Massively overpriced and glad we didn't go anywhere near him. 

I bet most hadn't even heard of him 12 months ago.

Well I hadn't, but I gather he was making a name for himself in the Brazil team earlier than that.

47 minutes ago, JamesEsquire said:

I feel like Donnarumma has more upside anyway if we can pull that one off

19, 5 full caps, over 100 Milan appearances.  There is pretty much no way we are that much more financially powerful than AC Milan that we can buy him from them.

35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well I hadn't, but I gather he was making a name for himself in the Brazil team earlier than that.

19, 5 full caps, over 100 Milan appearances.  There is pretty much no way we are that much more financially powerful than AC Milan that we can buy him from them.

Donnarumma has a €60m buy out clause apparently.