• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

57 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Don't be that negative man, If we look hard there is a third division French player out there for the taking - I am sure even Marina can get it over the line inshallah

I don’t believe she can

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

You just watch Bats asking for it now lol.

But honestly, what is this? What if his kids were born on the 1st? I agree with Droy below; 

He doesn't even considering himself top dog anymore. Pathetic. He can use whatever excuse he likes, but I don't buy it for a second. Maybe the club will sell him and go with Giroud, Bats and Abraham? Or maybe just even Giroud and Bats? Based on last season, I don't think I would prefer him over Giroud as our main man. 

There have been quite a few effective strikers who haven’t considered themselves “top dog”.

I don’t see the issue with this number change. If Morata scores goals the way he did when he first started with us I don’t think anyone will give a toss tbh. 

It’s not a Torres situation with Morata. Morata scored goals for fun prior to the back injury. We know that he can score goals. His problem is with the mindset and has been his problem for his entire career thus far. 

Do we need a Drogba or a Costa - no, not necessarily. A lot of teams nowadays don’t play with that setup anymore. There is nothing wrong with the team approach that City and Liverpool use so well. 

We need an improvement in goals-games ratio across the board. Morata, Hazard, Willian, Pedro, the midfield, the centre backs - everyone has to improve. 

Does Morata seem capable of getting out of his funk? I don’t think so. But it’s not because he needs a completely new personality. Maybe the people who manage him need to have different expectations of him. 

I, for one, would like to see Pedro and Willian get 10-15 goals each, Morata and Hazard maybe 20-25 goals, the midfield maybe 10-15 goals as well, the centre backs maybe 10 goals, and we could take it from there. 

That Chelsea team of old was so dominant because there was a point when we could rely on DD, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Jt, Carvalho, Alex, Ivanovic and others to all chip in consistently.

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6025149/Thibaut-Courtois-agent-pleads-Chelsea-let-Belgian-goalkeeper-secure-switch-Real-Madrid.html

Courtois agent confirms he won't sign an extension, wants to move to Madrid and there is an offer on the table from Real

A message could be sent out here to players who want to run down their contacts. Ok.  Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

It’s not a Torres situation with Morata. Morata scored goals for fun prior to the back injury. We know that he can score goals. His problem is with the mindset and has been his problem for his entire career thus far. 

Sounds like a Torres situation to me.  Torres scored for fun up to his injury - but after the injury he came to us.

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

A message could be sent out here to players who want to run down their contacts. Ok.  Agreed. 

Well sure.  But it is a trick that only works if you have a big club wanting to buy you.  Refusing the payrise and contact extension might work against quite a few of the current squad.

Ham   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sounds like a Torres situation to me.  Torres scored for fun up to his injury - but after the injury he came to us.

Well sure.  But it is a trick that only works if you have a big club wanting to buy you.  Refusing the payrise and contact extension might work against quite a few of the current squad.

The message is that we're fine to take the hit on your £30m fee this summer and that we'll just honour the contract in place. 

Might actually work in our favour with other squad members in that we are still an ambitious club who won't be dictated to by the Madrids and Barcas. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Spot on.  The sooner we stop making excuses for Morata, and send him on his way, the better. He's a dud, and couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo..

Morata also quoted as saying he had offers to go to Spain or Italy for money but decided to stay at Chelsea. Doesn't look like he is going anywhere, I'm guessing he will be bashed for doing the opposite of Courtois but contracts/loyalty go both ways good players and bad.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11460074/alvaro-morata-says-he-wanted-to-stay-at-chelsea-and-targets-improvement

What on earth did we think was going to happen when we bought a striker with an awful goal scoring record (apart from one season where he scored a lot of goals against crap teams)? How we managed to ship Costa out and get Morata in as a replacement is bordering on criminal, certainly negligent. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

The message is that we're fine to take the hit on your £30m fee this summer and that we'll just honour the contract in place. 

Might actually work in our favour with other squad members in that we are still an ambitious club who won't be dictated to by the Madrids and Barcas. 

Indeed. The thing with Courtois is that he had an option to sign a new contract last summer, which by all accounts would have doubled his wages to £200k. The extension also would have probably have only been 2-3 years whixh would have meant he was still in a strong position come Summer 2019. However, by not signing he has cost himself around £10m. Of course he will get a fat signing on fee when he does leave, however he will probably still be down on what he could have had.