• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

30 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Probably got an offer out of Man U that matched anything RM could offer.  

Chelsea don’t seem very interested in keeping Courtois and, like Conte, maybe there is a question of loyalty a bit here. 

Courtois has always seemed since day one as though he has been out for himself a bit - even when we had him loaned out across at Atletico. 

The truth is that Madrid have never seemed to value him as much as De Gea - and rightly so IMO as De Gea is the better keeper when both are on form.

For all we know Courtous might have been saying for 18 months or so 'I'm not signing a new contract' If he has strung the club along and now forcing our hand then that is a different matter

38 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

For all we know Courtous might have been saying for 18 months or so 'I'm not signing a new contract' If he has strung the club along and now forcing our hand then that is a different matter

Wasn't he initially offered a new contract this time last year, with further 'talks' in early 2018? There are a few posters here who have been saying for quite some time he wouldn't sign a new contract and would either be sold this summer or run-down his contract and leave for nothing next year.

As supporters we obviously don't know exactly what has been offered, when, and why things have been allowed to get to this state, although we do know a contract extension was offered at some point because the player himself has spoken about it. All we can surmise, based on recent transfer business, is that whoever is doing the negotiating and drawing up contingency plans is doing as good a job as the government is with Brexit!

Ham   

Check out @ChelseaFC’s Tweet:

What a lovely moment. 

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Wasn't he initially offered a new contract this time last year, with further 'talks' in early 2018? There are a few posters here who have been saying for quite some time he wouldn't sign a new contract and would either be sold this summer or run-down his contract and leave for nothing next year.

As supporters we obviously don't know exactly what has been offered, when, and why things have been allowed to get to this state, although we do know a contract extension was offered at some point because the player himself has spoken about it. All we can surmise, based on recent transfer business, is that whoever is doing the negotiating and drawing up contingency plans is doing as good a job as the government is with Brexit!

Surmised better than I could do at the pub. I doubt it got to this point with the club knowing nothing about what Tibos intentions were. New contract for Kante a must this season, and Eden if possible asap.

We should offer a cash plus Courtois swap deal for Oblak at Atlético. That way Courtois gets to see his kids in Madrid and we get a top class goalkeeper. 

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

What a lovely moment. 

It is indeed , Jorginho genuinely wants to be here and seems to think he's finally got to a big club ! How refreshing .

3 hours ago, Ham said:

What a lovely moment. 

Glad she likes the shirt...wait till she sees the price...🤔😵😵😵

Kezza   
3 hours ago, Original 21 said:

We should offer a cash plus Courtois swap deal for Oblak at Atlético. That way Courtois gets to see his kids in Madrid and we get a top class goalkeeper. 

That's a great idea. There should not be a reason why The Git should reject Atletico if his priority is to be with his kids as he claims.

On another note how is it that Atleticos transfer policy always seem spot on. through always uncover a world class replacement one after another. Griezmann after Costa. And Oblak after The Git.

Edited by Kezza

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I find the interesting thing is that Sarri has said pretty much the same things as Conte 12 months ago, but people are choosing to interpret it differently.

Not sure what you mean by this. 

Isn't Sarri saying and getting the same reaction as Conte?