• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The sight of the board desperately trying to pay a last minute kings ransom for a new keeper rather suggests to me that they were under the impression that Courtois would stay .

He's led them down the garden path , down the hill and up again .

He's not our kind of person Bob , we're better off without him.

We may well be better off without him... but it still begs the question; why are people blaming Courtois for the club's incompetence?

47 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

If we end up buying Kepa for £71m then I am sorry but heads need to roll. The boy could have been bought for under £20m in January and Alisson is a far better keeper and he went for £56m. Ridiculous and the definition of amatuer hour. 

Agreed. £71m is a fee you pay for a world class keeper. Kepa has 53 La Liga starts. Surely there must be better value out there? 

I can't believe we wouldn't be able to find a better long-term keeper for £71m - regardless of the horrible position Courtois has put us in. 

7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It looks very much like we have agreed to pay the £71m buy out clause for Kepa.

Getting Kovacic from Madrid as part of the Courtois deal and buying Jorginho means we have had a very good transfer window.

If we could add Fekir too it would be a great window but that may be a little greedy.

I'm sure some will find a way to moan about it all one way or another.

£71m for an un-tried keeper with 53 La Liga starts and no european experience is utter madness. Kovacic on loan where we already have Kanté, Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Fabregas as viable options solves what exactly? 

Fekir remains to be seen. We're desperately short of a goal-scoring AM to fill CM8 so I'd welcome him with open arms. 

But we are finding ourselves needlessly scrambling desperately for a new GK1 after Tibo has left us high & dry, while the squad is screaming out for goals. We needed a new striker and a goalscoring AM to easen the burden on S1 and Hazard. Then solve the CM8 issue. Fekir would do that, but RW1 and S1 is in desperate need for goals. Bar a massive break-out season for Bats or Abraham we'll struggle. The majority of our business in the best case scenario barely solves this squads major issues. 

Thre's plenty to moan about transferwise (as usual). 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The sight of the board desperately trying to pay a last minute kings ransom for a new keeper rather suggests to me that they were under the impression that Courtois would stay .

He's led them down the garden path , down the hill and up again .

He's not our kind of person Bob , we're better off without him.

Oh yes he has. I hope we treat him the same way we did Conte.  

BlueFizz   
6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

We may well be better off without him... but it still begs the question; why are people blaming Courtois for the club's incompetence?

Because when someone consistently tells you they will sign a contract, then with just a couple of weeks to spare say they won’t -  it doesn’t make you incompetent; it makes them unreliable and a bit ethically suspect (all my opinion of course).

On 07/08/2018 at 6:40 PM, The_Ghost said:

Agreed. £71m is a fee you pay for a world class keeper. Kepa has 53 La Liga starts. Surely there must be better value out there? 

I can't believe we wouldn't be able to find a better long-term keeper for £71m - regardless of the horrible position Courtois has put us in. 

£71m for an un-tried keeper with 53 La Liga starts and no european experience is utter madness. Kovacic on loan where we already have Kanté, Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Fabregas as viable options solves what exactly? 

Fekir remains to be seen. We're desperately short of a goal-scoring AM to fill CM8 so I'd welcome him with open arms. 

But we are finding ourselves needlessly scrambling desperately for a new GK1 after Tibo has left us high & dry, while the squad is screaming out for goals. We needed a new striker and a goalscoring AM to easen the burden on S1 and Hazard. Then solve the CM8 issue. Fekir would do that, but RW1 and S1 is in desperate need for goals. Bar a massive break-out season for Bats or Abraham we'll struggle. The majority of our business in the best case scenario barely solves this squads major issues. 

Thre's plenty to moan about transferwise (as usual). 

Oh yes he has. I hope we treat him the same way we did Conte.  

There we go.

8 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Because when someone consistently tells you they will sign a contract, then with just a couple of weeks to spare say they won’t -  it doesn’t make you incompetent; it makes them unreliable and a bit ethically suspect (all my opinion of course).

If someone keeps saying they'll sign and doesn't, more fool the one who keeps believing the lies.

9 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

There we go.

Then let's hear what you think of our business and our squads state at the moment. 

Not trying to be awkward, but we have holes everywhere in the squad and we are supposed to be happy with Kepa, Kovacic on loan and Jorginho?  

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Then let's hear what you think of our business and our squads state at the moment. 

Not trying to be awkward, but we have holes everywhere in the squad and we are supposed to be happy with Kepa, Kovacic on loan and Jorginho?  

Well you were happy up until today. You've gone from thinking we would get top 4 to sounding like we won't get anywhere near it.

What's changed?

Kovacic walks into our midfield. A midfield three of him Kante and Jorginho is as good as anyone in the premier league, probably the best.  This whole 'we have to have a number 8 like Hamsik' is nonsense, we need players to fit what we want to do. Simple as that. Who scores all the goals in the Madrid midfield?

We've changed the manager, which I'm pretty sure your pleased about. Bought in one of the best deep lying playmakers in the world. Were replacing a goalkeeper with one of the best young goalkeepers in the world and it very much looks like getting Kovacic. We're miles ahead of where we were at the start of last season.

What more can the club do in such a short window? Compare our business to all our rivals,  I'd had said only Liverpool have had a better window than us. If we sign who we look like we are signing it will be us that has had the best window out of everyone in the league.

BlueFizz   
30 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

If someone keeps saying they'll sign and doesn't, more fool the one who keeps believing the lies.

Easy to say - but 1. He was our first choice keeper 2. He’s an expensive asset to just sell on and 3. How would we have known he was lying?

Maybe we should agree to differ. I don’t pretend to have clue what’s actually happened or how to negotiate multi-million pound footballers’ contracts. Others here, clearly wiser than me, do.

I bow to their hubris.