• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

If these reports are true and the Board have got their collective finger out and we end up with Kepa, Kovacic and Fekir in addition to Jorginho, then I’m going to have to say that looks like a pretty decent window.

Just a matter of sitting tight and hoping the Board get these deals over the line. 

Who's seriously happy with us selling one of the top 5 keepers in the world for a pittance and spending nearly double on a kid, completely untested in both Europe and the PL who's barely even 3 years younger? Not to mention Liverpool's dealings on the far more experienced Alisson earlier in the window. We've been absolutely shafted here, and I guess we have to hope this guy will turn out to be half decent now otherwise Courtois and his agent will be laughing at us from afar come next season.

Leo91   
1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

It just got better:

Sky in Italy: AC Milan in talks to sign Chelsea midfielder Tiémoué Bakayoko on loan. #SSN

Best news of the whole window.

Leo91   

I have faith in Kepa if and when it's official. But slightly annoying we've opened the purse springs on a goalkeeper when that money could have gone to a striker which we desperately needed more.

Hope the Bakayoko news is true, although I’d prefer a permanent deal. In my opinion he’s the worst signing of the Abramovich era, just dreadful. Hopefully he can go and rejuvenate his career somewhere else. 

BlueFizz   
18 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

It just got better:

Sky in Italy: AC Milan in talks to sign Chelsea midfielder Tiémoué Bakayoko on loan. #SSN

I’m at the Lyon game and he’s in the starting 11 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

1. Well you were happy up until today. You've gone from thinking we would get top 4 to sounding like we won't get anywhere near it.

What's changed?

2. Kovacic walks into our midfield. A midfield three of him Kante and Jorginho is as good as anyone in the premier league, probably the best.  This whole 'we have to have a number 8 like Hamsik' is nonsense, we need players to fit what we want to do. Simple as that. Who scores all the goals in the Madrid midfield?

3. We've changed the manager, which I'm pretty sure your pleased about. Bought in one of the best deep lying playmakers in the world. Were replacing a goalkeeper with one of the best young goalkeepers in the world and it very much looks like getting Kovacic. We're miles ahead of where we were at the start of last season.

4. What more can the club do in such a short window? Compare our business to all our rivals,  I'd had said only Liverpool have had a better window than us. If we sign who we look like we are signing it will be us that has had the best window out of everyone in the league.

1. I'm still reasonably happy. But I've gone from thinking we'll make top 4 to end up 5th. Why? We have no goals. No goals at all. Bats/Abraham and Barkley/Loftus-Cheek needs break-out seasons with goals. 

2. Real Madrid had a front three of Benzema, Ronaldo and Bale. Their back-ups would walk into our starting XI (Isco and Asensio). Kovacic may be a good allround midfielder, I'm not arguing against that. But a one-year loan doesn't solve anything. If it was permanent then I'd be happy with the signing. 

3. I'm delighted with this.  

4. But everyone else started from a better position than us. City has added another 20 goal a year player while we strugle to produce one. 

We need goals and I thought we were about to solve it but we seem to stick our guns with Morata. Granted our back-up options are much stronger this year compared to how we started last. But one of them will leave (atleast) and Morata won't suddenly start scoring goals. We will need some season from Pedro as well if we are to stand any chance at top 4. Signing such an unexperienced goalkeeper for £70m when we won't even pay that sort of money for our S1 doesn't make much sense either. 

• Like 1