• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

13 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Whilst I'm happy that we've got some decent reinforcements in, I do feel a bit for RLC.

Decided he wanted to give it a go here this season and now Kovacic will more than likely play ahead of him.

But here's hoping that Sarri will play the players on merit and he can try and stake his place in the team.

It's worth bearing in mind that Conte was on record as saying that if he picked players for the first team according to how they worked in training then RLC would be the first name on the team sheet ,  Sarri now has also said that' "He is potentially a great player. He has to improve from the tactical point of view but I think it's not a problem. He is very young, he can be a very useful player for us." Also Jordan Ayew has signed on loan to Palace and they say they have no intention of signing anyone else, so maybe things are not as bleak?

If the DD out and Baka to Milan rumours have any substance then RLC might find himself in exactly the same position as he did at the start of the summer. Can't see us keeping 8 central midfielders around all season.

Kezza   

Any clarity on whether there's a option to buy with a fixed fee on Kovacic? Otherwise, it's a little bit of a dilemma if I were the club or the manager. Do you play him in place of RLC/Barkley as much as possible knowing that he will be gone next season. Or even if there's a chance to sign him how much do you want his value to appreciate knowing that the better he performs the higher the amount we need to pay to sign him permanently. A bit of a balancing act there.

2 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Oh yeah totally, but that's my point. I hope he works hard in training to give Sarri headaches in relation to picking the team.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's worth bearing in mind that Conte was on record as saying that if he picked players for the first team according to how they worked in training then RLC would be the first name on the team sheet ,  Sarri now has also said that' "He is potentially a great player. He has to improve from the tactical point of view but I think it's not a problem. He is very young, he can be a very useful player for us." Also Jordan Ayew has signed on loan to Palace and they say they have no intention of signing anyone else, so maybe things are not as bleak?

TBH, with a lack of a buy option on Kovacic (according to various outlets) maybe the deal will be RLC on another loan and then he comes back to replace Kovacic for 2019/20. I mean a midfield of: Jorginho/Cesc, Kante/DD, Kovavcic/Barkley looks more balaced than one with RLC/Barkley as Kante's back-up. Also, I get a feeling DD may survive the cull owing to his wages and fees being too much (I could of course be wrong). 

One last unrelated thing. Some rumours for a Manc friend of mine that apprantly Zouma may go to Utd in some sort of deal that send Martial to us for a sizable chunk of change. I am not sure where he is getting that info and am putting into the BS category. However, if we could do that, then that would make a decent signing for us (I am not 100% convinced by Martial's confidence/mental side) and give Zouma a good opportunity. 

BlueFizz   
3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

If the DD out and Baka to Milan rumours have any substance then RLC might find himself in exactly the same position as he did at the start of the summer. Can't see us keeping 8 central midfielders around all season.

My money is on the 'goers' being:

1. Baka (To AC Milan)
2. Drinkwater (to an English PL club with an option to buy)

3. A real long-shot - Fabregas to a European side later in their window, although he might give us another year

Kezza   
7 minutes ago, CFCnet Admin said:

The latest on a potential last gasp deal for Lyon's Nabil Fekir today on CFCnet: https://www.CFCnet.co.uk/chelsea-eye-dramatic-late-bid-for-nabil-fekir/

Yes yes! Let it happen. Just not another loan please. And please just sell Bakayoko instead of a loan because we know we don't need him back here.

12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If that is a guess on Bulka, the information is worth nothing. 

No, it was a guess on Kepa. Which is why I stated "I think Kepa is the better long-term keeper". The comparison was made with Allison Becker.

No idea why you bring in Bulka to this.  

12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

(Baka)  I think he'll surprise a few when he eventually plays there - just as appeared quite good for a few games in Kante's place.
He might turn out as good as Zouma.  They are very very similar in strengths and weaknesses.  Though I'd rather have Zouma play behind the striker.

A CB that cannot head the ball? Baka is, at best, a CB. But even there he's a very poor choice. I think we should be thrilled AC Milan seem ready to take him off our hands. 

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Any clarity on whether there's a option to buy with a fixed fee on Kovacic? Otherwise, it's a little bit of a dilemma if I were the club or the manager. Do you play him in place of RLC/Barkley as much as possible knowing that he will be gone next season. Or even if there's a chance to sign him how much do you want his value to appreciate knowing that the better he performs the higher the amount we need to pay to sign him permanently. A bit of a balancing act there.

No option to buy according to a few on Twitter 

If he plays well here, and likes it in the PL, maybe the club are hoping the player says he wants to move. Who knows. From what I have read, Real needed a hook to get Chelsea to allow Courtois to go (bearing in mind time constraints) and Kovacic was their best option

At the moment, it looks like numbers wise we may have a squad actually capable of playing a 55+ game season. 

Premier League 

Kepa 

Dave Rudiger Luiz Alonso 

Kante Jorginho Kovacic 

Willian Morata Hazard 

Ropey League / Domestic Cups

Kepa

Zappa Christensen Cahill Emerson 

Ampadu/DD Cesc Barkley

Pedro Giroud H-O 

Utility/Back-up players for both - Willy, Moses, Ampadu/DD, Bats

Obviously, we could do with additionally quality at AM and CF as those positions require the most rotation and are the most important. However, numbers wise we are there which was not the case 18 months ago. 

Also, I am of the opinion GK's can pretty much play every game.